NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

A small Monday Night Update.

Picture%252520156.jpg

Picture%252520161.jpg

Picture%252520165.jpg

Picture%252520167.jpg

Just a bit of fillin & file'n tonight.!!!!!!!!!!!
Guten Nacht
Nylon von Gaggles

Welcome to the wednesday update, thanks for lookin.

Tonight i just focused on sanding the areas i filled on Monday.

Picture%252520172.jpg

I was very pleased with the results as not much green is showing.

Picture%252520173.jpg

Next a coat of primer, so i can see were i'm at.

Picture%252520180.jpg

Not to bad, a few spots to fill maybe but nothing to bad.

Picture%252520183.jpg

And the back with the wings on.

Picture%252520187.jpg

Not to shabby for a wednesday ;D

Comments & opinions always welcome

NYLONSTER

Thanks Q & as for the gun or no gun issue, still undecided.

Well tonight i just had a chance to cover the wing faces, these will eventually have another layer of panelling on top, with layers of detail on top of that, i just want to get a nice clean surface to work on.

One problem i have with this build is what to do and when to do it, mainly because i still need a certain degree of access to the insides of the body for wiring purposes. I haven't as yet purchased my LEDs, but i have run some plastic tubing through the wings for wires but as for the final locations or mounting options i am still a long way off.

I wanted to ask the members if they have any experience with the Reliant starship lighting set from Evans Lighting sold by CultmanTv? This unit seems to do what i want. Can anyone give me any feedback on this set.

http://www.culttvmanshop.com/Reliant-starship-lighting-from-Evans-Lighting_p_1867.html

This unit has 2 red, 2 green and 4 nav and 4 strobe lights all controlled by a curcuit board, plus LEDS for engine lights and cockpit/interior lights.
I already have some fiber optics but only one size, but i only need it for the cockpit so i should have enough.

I would appreciate some help as my electronics ability is Zero, i've watched the videos, very entertaining, but in one ear out the other, my speciality.

PICS.........

Picture%252520190.jpg

Picture%252520193.jpg

Picture%252520195.jpg

Picture%252520196.jpg

As always, comments welcome, and thanks for looking

Nylon McGaggles

Looks great, Nyli Gags. ;D The primered parts look very nice indeed.

I like the thought of this having strobe lights and nav lights (red for port, green for SB). Definately would look cool. Don't know anything about that lighting kit. It has some nacelle glow rods, which I dont' know if you'd need.

I know nothing about that set, I have always just made my own circuits. Blinking lights are pretty simple, strobing are not.

That is an awful pricey light kit. If you just want blinking lights, just post your questions here. Quite a few people here that know what they are doing and willing to help.

Evening Peeps,
Thank you so much for the kind words guys and your advice.

Re: the light kit, i didn't think it was such a bad price considering you get the curcuit board & 56 various sized LED's, also as you said G ,strobing is not so easy to achieve, this unit does strobe, flash & offer enough leds to keep me happy It does everything i want.
But thanks for the help anyway. (Love your cat by the way)

Tonight i put the first skin on the under side of the wings after first cutting two openings for 'interesting stuff' to go in(greeblies) at a later stage.

Picture%252520200.jpg

The trapizoidal shape was cut with a knife & the hole with a 3/4" punch.

Picture%252520201.jpg

The wings back on the body.

Picture%252520210.jpg

Picture%252520211.jpg

I then started the supports for the skin on the top of the wings.

Picture%252520212.jpg

Picture%252520213.jpg

Picture%252520216.jpg

Picture%252520215.jpg

And thats as far as i got this evening.

Thanks for looking

Father Gagmass (ho ho ho n all that stuff)

Impressiv job so far, congratulations! :eek:

Can't wait to see the nexts steps! ;)

Morning Everybody,
I need help from you HERDSTERS? I have been looking at this friggin thing for the last 4 days, trying to figure out how the side intakes would look best. It's drivin me ravin hatstand ???, this is about the 6th generation, but i've been looking at it so long not sure if its any good or not anymore. Its the best incarnation i have come up with, but i'm still not convinced it looks right.
I think i'll sleep on it and see what i think tomorrow/today (as its 00.15 hours). I would like to know what you guys think? I want the side pod opening to be large enough to fit some fantastic machine cutting tool holders that will be me internal workings/greeblies, but not so large they look out of place.

Honest Feedback, is what i'm after folks.

Picture%252520225.jpg

Picture%252520219.jpg

Picture%252520228.jpg

Picture%252520227.jpg

Well its the last day of 2011, a good year for me.
I Re-discovered modelling after 10 years and found you guys at the HERD, It don't get much better than that.

I WISH EVERYBODY AT SMA & THEIR FAMILIES A HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2012 ;D.

Gaggles McNylon

P.S there's going to be vanes just inside the intake, running top to bottom.T

I think what you have mocked up looks good! It helps the wings flow to the body.

I definitely like what you've got here in the mockup.
Should work nicely.

And Grendels is right about it blending in to the body

HNY!

I'm trying to find some way to criticize it, but it looks good to me. It merges the wing with the body very well. I can picture a grilled vent inside it, would look really cool!

She's looking nice! You're making good progress too. :)

Allo Fellow Heardsters,
Another update, still on the side pods, had a small revalation on the design, liked it so i went with it.

First i did the basic shape.

Picture%252520043.jpg

Picture%252520044.jpg

Picture%252520050.jpg

Then added a little 'kicker' at the front of the intake.

Picture%252520057.jpg

Picture%252520061.jpg

Then i made a small lip about 3/4" from the front.

Picture%252520066.jpg

Then i did a basic filling of all the underside gaps and filled, ready to sand and blend, the 'kicker on the intake.

Picture%252520068.jpg

Picture%252520077.jpg

Picture%252520083.jpg

Thats it for tonight. My better half is on a teaching course all day tomorrow , so i've got a full day of building. Yippeeeeeeeee

All comments welcome
Thanks for looking

The Gag

Good update, Gags. Quite a revelation too! I thought the side pod looked good before, but this is an improvement.

Thanks Igard, have been sanding all morning, just put a layer of primer on. I'm very pleased with the results, a little bit of additional filling but nothing to drastic, plus this is all going to have another 'skin' over it, i figure the better the base you have to work on the easier it will be to get a nice flat final surface.

Picture%252520240.jpg

Picture%252520241.jpg

Picture%252520243.jpg

Picture%252520242.jpg

Comments welcome

Thanks for looking

The Nylon Man

Greetings Heardsters,
Been at it all day, the time has gone soooooooo fast, just wish every day at work went so fast.

Started working on the side pod internals.

Picture%252520247.jpg

Picture%252520254.jpg

My first Greeblie experience what do you think?

Picture%252520258.jpg

Everything red is just dryfit at the mo.

Picture%252520263.jpg

I'll be add detail to the rear wall also.

Picture%252520267.jpg

Picture%252520272.jpg

Comments Welcome

Thanks for looking

Gag

Latest posts

Back