New Years Modeling Resolutions.

Zemmix

What's on your wishlist to get done for the coming year?

I'd at least like to get one car (Tamiya Subaru BRZ) and tank (a Tamiya 1/48 kit) done in addition to at least 4 1/72 aircraft. That's my goal!

Just to finish my "Post Apocalypse" group build project. Now just reading through the Buffalo MPCV build by TBadger, I am starting to notice a lot of similarities between his Buffalo and my creation. So much for having an original idea :-\

;D Oh well work will continue on, none the less.

To become a better fig painter and build my tamiya famo kit

My main modeling resolution is to light my first kit and I would love to finally finish up my Millennium Falcon.

Grendels said:
To finish up all my partial builds that I have started....

I made a similar resolution back in 2008, Grendels. I selected 12 in-progress builds, all started in the previous 3 to 4 years but then set aside, and I resolved to finish 1 a month, and not to start a new kit, till they were finished. I finished I think only 4 of the 12 in that year, but having the resolution helped me focus on finishing some kits. I also resolved that year or in 2009 not to buy any new kits, till I had finished more stash kits. I was able to keep that one till the end of July of that year, when I broke down on a deal that I could not pass (Monogram B-24D and P-40 combo boxing, for $10). But having made the resolution also helped me from buying more kits.

I haven't come up with any modeling resolutions yet for 2013, but I might make those 2 again.

Outside the hobby, I'm thinking of resolving to finish the remodeling work on my house, that has been in progress since I moved here 10 years ago (my 1:1 builds take as long as my scale model builds ;D ), if for no other reason than that the remodeling includes creating display space for my finished models and my toy soldiers. Everything is pretty much in storage, because I have no dedicated display space, not even shelves. If I do make that resolution, it will make it easier to carry out the modeling resolutions, because time and money will go to the work on the house.

I can't help admiring these modeling resolutions, G, Baron. Finishing once started kits requires sometimes a really strong forcing over yourself, but when done it all pays off twice with satisfaction of a finally finished work imho.
The ending 2012 was an extremely full of events year for me, and it influenced a bit in the lack of the bench-time. So, to compensate, I've made myself a pretty strict to-do list for the coming year.
1- I finish my current two ongoing projects by the middle of February
2- I participate in the next year's BSC with at least two builds this time that I want to try building simultaneously.
3- I try to build at least one kit in 2 months
4- last, but most important, I hold myself as strict as possible from buying a new kit for the stash before at least five kits I already have in the stash are finished.
And I am really anxious to see for how long am I going to hold up to this behaviour list, especially to the last point :)

Continue to improve my build quality and painting techniques. As far as what to get built? I'm a non stop builder. I finish one take a day off and start another. So my challenge is keeping my stash well stocked and finding room for my completed models. ;D

Man I really have a lot I'd like to complete. First off I need to finish my Humvee that I'm working on and get around to putting the tracks on my M1. My wife got me the Hobby Boss M1070/1000 for Christmas and that kit is a beast so I am hoping to get that done in the near year. If theres time I'd also like to build my Panda M-ATV.

I promise to not buy another kit until the Buffalo, Staghound, and 3 other kits are finished. I'm starting to hoard kits when I SHOULD be investing in multitudes of paint and supplies.

Sub- I'm doing essentially an OOB build with some more PE tacked on. So don't fret my friend! Keep on with your build, since I'm sure it's going to turn out awesome regardless of some similarities!

My new years resolution is build more kits than I buy, and to reduce my stash to a reasonable amount.

Getting it out of my system now before the new year, just finished 2 kits, bought 5.

steezy said:
just finished 2 kits, bought 5.

We feel your pain brother! can we get an amen! in da house? ;D

I can relate too, just pulled the trigger on Italeri's 1/35 Schnellboot and the the matching BigEd etch set for it, the mastercard is still smoking :-\

Subhuman1 said:
steezy said:
just finished 2 kits, bought 5.

We feel your pain brother! can we get an amen! in da house? ;D

I can relate too, just pulled the trigger on Italeri's 1/35 Schnellboot and the the matching BigEd etch set for it, the mastercard is still smoking :-\

Man, I just bought nine kits. Thank god for gift cards. ;D

I'm just working on completing everything that i've started and not finished - so not really a New Year resolution .....

Might look at a Model Marathon on a new kit .... or a 1 man group build - F-111, A-4 or Starfury as the topic - got so many that a group build would get them done and finished in quick time ....
still a few more days to think about and decide what to do ....

Ive set a New years resolution of starting and finishing the M113 Secret Santa Tank kit and then not building a single model until my mancave is cleaned top to bottm, water proofed, repaired, and the satisfactorily working conditions I need to properly build a model start to finish. Ive managed to get a tv and laptop for down in the man cave. Webcam, and a camera capable of producing videos etc. Ive got alot going on down in the man cave and promised myself I wouldnt build another kit (after the M113 Tank) until its finished to my likings.

My new years resolution(s) are pretty simple.
1. Finish all the builds I've started
A. 1/48 A-10
B. 1/48 CH-53E
C. 1/35 M1129 Motor Carrier
D. 1/35 M1070 + M1000
E. 1/35 JagdTiger
F. 1/35 Merkava IIID

2. Complete my first base
3. Compete in my first contest
4. Purchase less kits than kits I complete.

I think thats about it. ;D

1. Build more kits than I buy (will be hard ::));
2. Build first aircraft;
3. Build first Armour;
4. Build the Secret Santa gift before the end of the year (will not be starting it right now because I want to get some practice first).

Geegad, now only if we could go down to the pub and have a workbench in the pub.. wouldn't that be the life ! :)

Latest posts

Back