Do you find cooking and scale modeling are similar?

Just made myself a pork steak. (Pauline in hospital so lonely dinner).

Smacked steak to double the plan size. Marinated it with Hoisin Sauce for an hour.
Then fry 3 mins each side until a little charred.

Remove steak keep warm. Add to remainder in fry pan more Hoisin & Soy sauce
bit of Olive oil (or water) all to pour over steak.

Meanwhile boil rice. Slaw. cabbage, carrot cucumber red pepper all cut fine all fresh raw.. Dunk in red vinegar soy sauce & a fraction of Hoisin.

Slaw on plate to one side spoon on Vinegar Soy Sauce at bottom of mixing bowl.

2 spoons rice steak on top of rice. Pour sauce in pan over steak so that it dribbles into the rice.

Superb taste. Did get the vague idea on line but as usual messed with instructions to my Chef de Cuisine expertise :cool:

Laurie

Just made myself a pork steak. (Pauline in hospital so lonely dinner).

Smacked steak to double the plan size. Marinated it with Hoisin Sauce for an hour.
Then fry 3 mins each side until a little charred.

Remove steak keep warm. Add to remainder in fry pan more Hoisin & Soy sauce
bit of Olive oil (or water) all to pour over steak.

Meanwhile boil rice. Slaw. cabbage, carrot cucumber red pepper all cut fine all fresh raw.. Dunk in red vinegar soy sauce & a fraction of Hoisin.

Slaw on plate to one side spoon on Vinegar Soy Sauce at bottom of mixing bowl.

2 spoons rice steak on top of rice. Pour sauce in pan over steak so that it dribbles into the rice.

Superb taste. Did get the vague idea on line but as usual messed with instructions to my Chef de Cuisine expertise :cool:

Laurie
Sorry no pictures no evidence greedy pig ate the lot.

j4jbV_.gif

I'm worried about melting the plastic.

If you hurry up and fish it out real quick, it'll just warp. Dropped part #6 in the old lady's soup one time when it fell outta my pocket whilst I was sneakin' a slurp. Dug it out, dropped it back in the pocket, she caught me stirrin' and I said, needs more salt!

It was just a tiny blister, coulda been a whole lot worse if she'd caught me lickin' off that spoon and we ate right on time. We wouldn't have had soup if she'd knowed what happened cause it woulda been dumped and I, the innocent party in all this, woulda hadda wait a couple more hours for her to cook somethin' else.

So, I mix cookin' and modelin' together all the time.
Rob.

1693993616588.png

Bangers & Mash tonight. Fresh braised cabbage with Caraway seeds superb taste.
All with onion gravy. Mash butter & milk bit of strong mustard, standard salt issue.

Touch or 2 Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc served chilled. Followed by coffee &
some dessert sweet which I have failed, yet, to identify

Who is worried about model making.

Last edited:
I live around 8 miles from where they make it, my mother used to work there so we always had loads of the stuff in the cupboard. Pantherman
Ha ha coincidence. My Uncle lived in Hull & he worked for them as an Engineer looking after the machinery.

Probably 1950/60. He was also the Councillor in charge of the construction of the Humber Bridge
He lived in a little councel House. But gave his life to looking after the people of Hull.

Problem now is all this stupic bickering of the Political Parties when they should be turning the energy to looking after people

Last edited:
In general. I think my model making skills are better than my Cheffing ones.

About every other cheffing piece ends up edible but not per script.

But I am still eating to much. But not suffering any medical digestion problems.
This is probably incredible luck.

I live around 8 miles from where they make it, my mother used to work there so we always had loads of the stuff in the cupboard. Pantherman

I eat it all the time too. A very good friend of mine lives in London and he sent me my first jar because it wasn't over here in the US (that I could find). WOW!!! WHAT A BITE!!! A few years later they started carrying it in a local shop, so I put it on all kindsa stuff now.

Rob.

I eat it all the time too. A very good friend of mine lives in London and he sent me my first jar because it wasn't over here in the US (that I could find). WOW!!! WHAT A BITE!!! A few years later they started carrying it in a local shop, so I put it on all kindsa stuff now.

Rob.
Have a go at this Rob. Just got some really is just like home made.

Got it on Amazon

1694149832341.png

It says it's for the same type foods that John (my English buddy) said Colman's was for... Cheese and meats. Sounds like a similar condiment. This and some of our mustard friend on a hamburger oughta do 'er.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back