New to the site.

cargoman5126

Anything in scale I'm into it...
I'm new to the site, third post. I'm 43 and in the Nashville,TN area. Poor modeling area, little support in the area of shops. Love the site. Lots of positive comments. I've been modeling for 18 years, the last 8 on and off due to job.
Will be moving again so everything is packed again. Will post a few pics once unpacked. If it is in scale than I love it, all genres but I really like odd subjects and scatch building and dioramas. So far have enjoyed the pics of everyones projects and picked up a few ideas. For the last year or so have had an itch for fig's, 25mm to 54mm.
Spent the summer stocking up on kits. Until next time, enjoy life in the scale world and have fun. Thanx

Hello and welcome to SMA!

I hear you about the lack of hobby shops these days.

Thanks to all. I really wish there was more media support for the hobby industry as a whole. With the lack of knowledge on what's available now and coupled with the fact the younger generations have had very little exposure to the hobby due to various reasons it has suffered. It is similar to the old erector sets sold by Gilbert years ago. Once exposure was gone and the legal issues they faded away now only limited avail. The benefits from the hobby are so many it is a shame that the younger generations a missing out on so much. The cummunity here is another thing they are missing out on. Thanks

I blame it on three things.

1. Video Games/T.V - Not much too say other than most kids are LAZY. I never see kids playing outside anymore, they are always inside on a couch. No interest in doing anything active. I can get into a discussion about lack of physical activity in children over the last 15-20 years and the coresponding increase in A.D.H.D but I would be going off topic way too much.

2. Lack of education - One of thing things I love, and have always loved, is the history I learn about a subject when I am creating a model. Most children I come accross these days don't seem to share that same enthusiasm.

Anyways, before I digress too much, Welcome to SMA!!!

P.S. Good luck with the move.

Latest posts

Back