New kid on the block.

flyboy2610

Greetings! Thanks for letting me be part of this community! I enjoy model railroading (1/87 scale models of railroad equipment) and building scale models, mostly of tanks, but also cars and trucks. Hope to learn and also to share what limited knowledge I posses.

Welcome!!!!!!! Dig around in the older posts and threads for ideas and info, or just ask.
Post pictures of your projects as you go, we love to see them!!!

Some models you build, some models build you. :)

Greetings! Thanks for letting me be part of this community! I enjoy model railroading (1/87 scale models of railroad equipment) and building scale models, mostly of tanks, but also cars and trucks. Hope to learn and also to share what limited knowledge I posses.
Hi Flyboy and welcome to the forum. I'm a tank man mainly but like you, I build other stuff.
Post plenty of photos as you go please. Pantherman

Welcome to the Herd, Flyboy!
At HO scale, you can combine model railroading and scale modeling. When I was a kid, I had an HO scale layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, just a simple oval track. It occurred to me to lay out a little airstrip in the middle, and that's where I stationed some of my 1/72 airplanes (I didn't mind the difference in scales).
I look forward to seeing your work!
Best regards,
Brad

Welcome to the Herd, Flyboy!
At HO scale, you can combine model railroading and scale modeling. When I was a kid, I had an HO scale layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, just a simple oval track. It occurred to me to lay out a little airstrip in the middle, and that's where I stationed some of my 1/72 airplanes (I didn't mind the difference in scales).
I look forward to seeing your work!
Best regards,
Brad
Thanks, Brad!
I do think of model railroading as scale modeling. In my case it happens to be 1/87 scale. I'll try and post something in the "Everything Else" forum. Might be a day or two, though.

Welcome to the madness. Great community here and lots of information.
Thank you! Working where I do, I'm pretty used to madness.
I remember something Mr. Tudball once said on The Carol Burnett Show: "This place is like a-workin' at a-Looney-Toons!" He was the boss.

Come on in! Limited knowledge is the kind we like! Pull up a chair. We're all sponges.

Rob.

Latest posts

Back