Hey folks! New member from Canada

Jon Mopar

Hey everyone! My name is Jon. I’m new to the site, but not the hobby. I’ve been building and collecting off and on since I was about 5.

I am an active member on member on several car forums, a couple of diecast forums…but this is my first scale model forum. I’m hoping it’s a fairly active spot to share building tips and advice.

Hey everyone! My name is Jon. I’m new to the site, but not the hobby. I’ve been building and collecting off and on since I was about 5.

I am an active member on member on several car forums, a couple of diecast forums…but this is my first scale model forum. I’m hoping it’s a fairly active spot to share building tips and advice.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Thanks folks! Can’t wait to show some of them off. I used to be super detailed oriented but now due to my sometimes limited amount of time, I like doing 1 day and 2 day builds. Lots of fun to start a kit on a Saturday morning and be finished up my Sunday afternoon.

Welcome. I’m gonna be brutally honest here. It may upset or insult some folks here… as far as this site being fairly active…. not so much. Only a small handful of folks still active here.
I guess it’s better than FSM with their annoying ad pop ups. No, I'm no longer a member there. Ended up being banned there not once, not twice, but three times. Too many snowflakes getting their feelings hurt over nonsense.

Then again modelcarsmag is no better either.

That’s how most forums are now. I was trying to find the most active one…landed on this one.

Car forums are very much the same, there has been a steep decline over the last 10yrs. I was a moderator on a couple of forums that were very large at one point (one had over 250k members and now doesn’t exist). I also co-founded a very large automotive forum that does still exist…I like the community and knowledge base of forums, but many just turn to YouTube and instagram for things. It’s just not the same though

Welcome. I’m gonna be brutally honest here. It may upset or insult some folks here… as far as this site being fairly active…. not so much. Only a small handful of folks still active here.
I guess it’s better than FSM with their annoying ad pop ups. No, I'm no longer a member there. Ended up being banned there not once, not twice, but three times. Too many snowflakes getting their feelings hurt over nonsense.

Then again modelcarsmag is no better either.
Not insulted here, I understand this is a shrinking hobby and forums may be shrinking, I'm on an other one related to a different pass time and interaction is limited there too.
However I do enjoy the camaraderie here, great group here, I find motivation and chat among those who know.

Not insulted here, I understand this is a shrinking hobby and forums may be shrinking, I'm on an other one related to a different pass time and interaction is limited there too.
However I do enjoy the camaraderie here, great group here, I find motivation and chat among those who know.
Well said. Pantherman

Howdy! Hey if there is any help I can give just ask, I don't do much more than military aircraft, so I'm a one trick pony...but a stallion at that! Lol

Thanks for the welcomes! I hope to add a little bit more activity to the forum.

And @BlackSheep, I’ll have to join that one too. I’m exclusively into car related models, but I’ve built the odd boat and plane etc in the past. I like em all

Welcome to the group. Look forward to seeing your builds. Post lots of pictures.

Latest posts

Back