NEW NERD ON BOARD

model punk

Punk rock and scale models
Hey guys, my name is Xavi (pronounced HA-VEE). Some of you guys might know me from other forums as Xavi84. Anyway, I've been following Scott's videos from day one and well, you can never be involved in to many model forums.
I mostly build 1/48 Navy jets and I recently started building 1/72 WWII aircraft.

welcome aboard model punk. good to see another punk rocker around here!

model punk said:
Thanks for the warm welcome.

Mr Natural, what bands are you into?

lets see to name a few...discharge, misfits, fugazi, converge, twelve hour turn, old Hot Water Music (I'm a Gainesville kid), I Hate Myself, Husker Du..I could go on and on..You?

I love old HWM. Did you ever go any of the fest?

Descendents/ALL, The Copyrights, Latterman, Dillinger Four, Banner Pilot, Jawbreaker...and so on and so on.
If there are two things I talk about forever it's punk rock and building models.

haha rocken man. Not only are you two into models, your into punk rock as well. Ian McKay rocks. Love Fugazi. Thinks Minor Threat was a bit harder then Fugazi but I LOVE Fugazi. I got to see Fugazi, Ramones, and Gwar all on the same day, same concert venue. Waiting Room and Repeater. Also like The Sex Pistols, The Clash, Chili Peppers, Buthole Surfers, etc. Glad to see theres some other Punkers in here as well. :)

WELCOME.....and I used to listen to alot of older Punk that evolved into Pennywise / NOFX / DropKick....then i evolved into Hardcore and Metal. Love Atreyu's work, A7X, Funeral for a Friend, Acacia Strain, Hive Smasher and such.

model punk said:
I love old HWM. Did you ever go any of the fest?

Descendents/ALL, The Copyrights, Latterman, Dillinger Four, Banner Pilot, Jawbreaker...and so on and so on.
If there are two things I talk about forever it's punk rock and building models.

Good stuff my friend! Oh yeah, I've been to the fest a bunch of times, got to play in it a couple times too. I stopped attending these last few years because it has grown into something completely different than what it started out as.

I've been in a number of bands through out the years. I played the fest with this band called Ceasar and Godseeker...we are no longer together unfortunately...played the drums

Nice Mr. Natural. Actually drum around myself. Sold my kit years ago but have been playing a ton of rock band lately haha, My Parents are getting me a new set for Xmas. Looking to get a new Sonar set. Relatively cheap and great for the money. I have a few friends that are in bands, who have recomended that the Sonar kits are cheaper and great sound quality for the price. My good friend Jeremy Hummel (Selinsgrove, PA), who was the founder, and former drummer for the former band Breaking Benjamin gives drum lessons and actually provides the lessons on a Sonar kit and a PDP kit. He said he wouldnt hesitate to play a gig on the Sonar kit. My cousin Mike Wise is lead singer for the band Emilys Toybox, and have a great friend Brett Scallians who used to be the lead singer for Fuel before they split. Our local club used to be named Wandas which used to be inside the Holiday Inn in Mechanicsburg, PA was where Fuel got there start. They actually signed there first official recording contract with Sony 550 inside the club Wandas in Mechanicsburg. Music is awesome and in my opinion basically an art.

Latest posts

Back