New guy

TrackMan

Hi all,
Looking for ideas. I'm interested in VW Beetles and gold carts. But I can't buy either right now. So, for fun I'd like to build a scale model. I'd like to build something similar to a cyclekart - chassis, body, paint. I'd like to create this myself. I really don' want to buy a model kit though. Does anyone create model cars from scratch? Looking for any ideas or websites to look at, key words.
Thanks.
Doug

Welcome to the Herd, Doug!
There are people who build models from scratch, but it's a relatively specialized part of the hobby. Good research is part of scratching, planning. But it can certainly be done. I can't recommend any resources, apart from specialized sections of forums. Many model forums have dedicated section for it. As far as keywords go, "scratchbuilding" is a good place to start in your searches.
I look forward to seeing your build!
Best regards,
Brad

Hi Doug

Wow that is something i have not come across. Scratch build a motor vehicle.

Scratch built an Afghanistan House & a Falklands Barn. Very rewarding. A lot of
work in those. But imagination required. Also very time consuming.

Every part was scratch. Finding the basic materials was time consuming. But worth
every moment.

No box with it in ; no instructions you are out there on your own. Great.

Look forward to your project. More difficult than my two.

Laurie

Hi all,
Looking for ideas. I'm interested in VW Beetles and gold carts. But I can't buy either right now. So, for fun I'd like to build a scale model. I'd like to build something similar to a cyclekart - chassis, body, paint. I'd like to create this myself. I really don' want to buy a model kit though. Does anyone create model cars from scratch? Looking for any ideas or websites to look at, key words.
Thanks.
Doug
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Latest posts

Back