need some help with airbrushes

arohk

Hey all I am looking at getting a new airbrush I heard badger is the best I don't know a lot about airbrushes, I only just got into using them a couple of years ago. So by all means if you know of any brands that are considered good quality any info would be great. I prefer the type that has the bottle that you attach over the ones with the open holder on top.

I seen a couple on used Victoria and am wondering if anyone here used the ones I am looking at and what you think of them as well as the price. I am going to get a badger one as I heard they are the best but for now money is tight and am thinking of a cheaper one for now.

the first one I am looking at is a model number 74531 Tamiya Spray Works Airbrush the guy is asking $40 here is a photo

the other is a paasche airbrush kit the cost for this one is around $100

Thanks a lot all and if anyone here has any badger ones or other good quality ones let me know how much let me know and if you would be open to a cash/trade.

Thanks all for the Help

Id say Badger, H&S or Iwata but they have so many to choose from it can be difficult.
I used to have the tamiya sirbrush setup and id only recommend it for bigger spray jobs like car painting/clearcoating.
There are also lots of cheaper ones on ebay etc. I have tried a few but after my first 'name brand' i would not go back, that said without them i may have ended up dropping hundreds of dollars on a ab that i did not like action/feed of.
My other tips, dont skimp on a compressor, get one with a decent regulator and a tank it will help get the best out of any airbrush.
Get decent cleaners (usually the ones made by the paint maker) and lubricant, it keeps even cheaper ab's running better and longer.
Finally, get on youtube and check out reviews etc, there is some great videos.

WebbyNZ said:
Id say Badger, H&S or Iwata but they have so many to choose from it can be difficult.
I used to have the tamiya sirbrush setup and id only recommend it for bigger spray jobs like car painting/clearcoating.
There are also lots of cheaper ones on ebay etc. I have tried a few but after my first 'name brand' i would not go back, that said without them i may have ended up dropping hundreds of dollars on a ab that i did not like action/feed of.
My other tips, dont skimp on a compressor, get one with a decent regulator and a tank it will help get the best out of any airbrush.
Get decent cleaners (usually the ones made by the paint maker) and lubricant, it keeps even cheaper ab's running better and longer.
Finally, get on youtube and check out reviews etc, there is some great videos.

Found a couple of videos i had in mind.
Ken the president of Badger talks airbrushes. Introduction to Airbrushing with Ken Schlotfeldt Long but very very interesting to anyone who uses an airbrush
H&S Factory Harder & Steenbeck Airbrush: Visit the factory

arohk said:
... I prefer the type that has the bottle that you attach over the ones with the open holder on top.

...money is tight and am thinking of a cheaper one for now.

Two key points right there. ;)

There is more than a few badger 200 sets with bottles/accessories etc. on ebay right now if you want single action, and a bunch of Badger 150 sets if you want double action.

Both of these airbrushes fit your specific requests to a T.

Thanks all for the info really helped at least now I will stick with what I have for now til I can afford one of the top type brands.

I do like the fact that most of them seem to have both types bottle and gravity feed. I have only used the bottle type and am not really sure what is better more to think about. I will check out the you tube reviews there are so many of them and only knowing one of the top brands gave me nothing to compare to.

I will hopefully be able to at least see how they feel as I am sure the hobby store sells them as far as price considering they have little to no competition I will most likely get one from a trusted online hobby store like Elm city.

Thanks again for the help guys it's really appreciated

I've not used the bottle feed so can't comment, they do look like they would be more difficult to clean though.

What I can say is go for a double action if your budget allows it, much more control.

My 2 cents worth is save your pennies and get a half decent double action gravity feed, give it some love and clean it well, it will last a very long time.

Paasche, Badger, Iwata, H&S, Gunze, and Tamiya. None of them will do you wrong. You need to pick the right airbrush for yourself. You need to think if you prefer singla action over double, siphon over gravity feed, fine, medium, or wide pattern spraying. That's where a trip to a hobby shop will do for you. Don't skimp on what feels right for you.

Latest posts

Back