Weathering with cigaratte ash

CY343491

Hi,
I'm smoking so much these days and collecting ashes on ashtray. I've mixed ashes with detergant and water and it looked like a black wash then i applied it to my old test bed merkava MK1 upper hull, looked like a black wash also but when it dried it took a dusty look. I've applied it to wide area, also rain marks can be created with this wash using smaller brushes. Absolutely %100 free by the way.
Here are photos:
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-23 at 11.09.46.jpeg e2cf6417-2f04-4652-9431-b436142a2ff3.jpg 5d354bde-d04e-4760-8b53-a514c38fd96f.jpg

Here’s the trouble using cigarette ashes - they will simply wash away once you apply a coat of clear. Use Chalk or other weathering medium that’s made for hobby uses.

Here’s the trouble using cigarette ashes - they will simply wash away once you apply a coat of clear. Use Chalk or other weathering medium that’s made for hobby uses.
Just trying to realizing fantastic ideas. DIY is the best thing in modelling in my opinion.

And, if you don't smoke, you have to take it up, to produce the ashes to use to weather :D
Smoking can be really relaxing whe some models makes you crazy, by the way fireplace or barbecue ashes works too, but a little bit darker tone.

Latest posts

Back