NASA Inspired Viper MKII - Northrop T-38 Talon

Mikey_W_1980

Morning All,

Hope you're all well?

I have a spare Revell Viper MKII 1:32 scale and I've been toying with the idea of turning it into a T38 Talon the NASA trainer aircraft.

I found this image (cant remember where) that has inspired me.
IMG_24304431427916.jpg

My problem is and if anyone can offer their expert advise, is the scale for the decals required to fit the 1:32 scale viper

I found these from Fundekals
http://www.fundekals.com/Talon.html

Would they be suitable?

If so, would the 1:48 scale be big OK for the 1:32 Viper?

I know this sounds like a stupid question, but I really am stumped.

Any help or advise would be hugely appreciated.

cheers

Mike

I'm loving that black and white color scheme on the Vipers..that could be a used as a different Battlestar or just a different wing...*ponders*

;D

They do look good, with those I was thinking of adapting the 1:48 scale heat shield tiles for the underside of the vipers.

Still, the problem remains.....will the 1:48 scale decals for the T-38 fit the 1:32 scale Viper?

All help and suggestions are most welcome.

Cool project ! That's a great color scheme...

For the decals, it's really difficult to tell without seeing it in person... Maybe you can send them an e-mail and ask about the size of the decals? That could give you an indication if it's gonna work out or not...

Otherwise, you also can directly paint the strips, and print your own decals for the markings. You'll have to use ordinary paper at first to get the scale right, but it shouldn't be too difficult... ;)

Latest posts

Back