My spray booth I'm building

spud said:
thanks fumblethumbs. i forgot to say i had to drill all them holes... and it was a pain in the ass

Whoa, man! Well, you sure got em nice and straight. Looks like regular old peg board to me.

haha ya 1in squars and drilled on the cross was easy just painfuly slow.

thanks Q

I know it's too late, but you should have made a drill jig. Take a board and drill one row of holes into it like you want it and use that as a drill guide for each row. Little trick I use when drilling adjustable shelf peg holes in my cabinets. Makes em nice and uniform.

lol that never even dawned on me. i just marked 1inch and drew my lines and grabed me drill ;D

So..............basically what you are saying is that your new paint booth sucks? And all that work....

BTW...your video comes up as private, no can view just how much it does suck!

lol ya i realised what i titled it may not have been the best, and ill fix that now

I’ve been thinking about building my own – only much bigger (gonna need one at least a meter long) and I’m wondering...

Why drill holes in the bottom? Isn’t it enough to have holes in the back of the booth?

Also, does the size and spacing of the holes have any influence on the effectiveness of the suction? Or is it just a question of installing a big enough fan?

well the more holes you have the more air that gona pull out, i was going to have my fan on the bottom thats why i have holes on the bottom.

spud said:
well the more holes you have the more air that gona pull out, i was going to have my fan on the bottom thats why i have holes on the bottom.

I see.

Thing is, I usually use the bottom of the cardboard box I'm calling my "spray booth" as a place to test the airflow through the paint (particularely if I mixed a one-off mix directly in the cup) and emptying the last remains of paint out of the airbrush before cleaning it. So the nice white bottom in your booth would quickly become a rainbow coloured mess in mine...

Not that there's anything wrong with rainbows, mind you... :D

Sweet booth spud!
yeah..lol. you don't want to go too crazy with the suction , or it will suck up more paint than goes on the model .I made that mistake on my first home booth, it totally disrupted the spray pattern.
classic case where more isn't always better

mine isnt that severe but i many only use it for smelly stuff., i made a small er one i cane use more often because draging out the other one got old Real fast :)
IMG_0578.jpg

now if i have a lot of parts to spray i will use the biger one.

Latest posts

Back