Make my own decals?

RocketFoot

So let me get this straight...I can buy special decal paper and print my own decals with our color laser printer at work? This could be a game changer! I am a hobby digital graphic artist and I enjoy designing graphics like nose art and logos...now I find out I can print these designs to scale and apply them to my models!?! I can also see myself scanning decal sheets before I use them in case I mess up then I can reprint them in a pinch! I wish I would have found his out before I just spent $10 on a 71 Mach 1 decal sheet so I can turn my Revell Boss model into a Mach 1! The only problem I can foresee is that most printers don't print the color white...that could be tricky!

Here are a few nose art style designs that I created recently (just using my online moniker for fun)

rocket_stang2 (Custom).pngRocketfoot_Moon (Custom).jpgrocketgirlREVISED (Custom) (1).jpgSATURN_GIRL (Custom).jpg

Yes, a lot of modelers print their own, and do as you also mentioned, scan the original sheet to save it and print a fresh version. I don't know the specific technical details, since I don't print my own. But others here should be able to provide the details to get you going.

Yes, a lot of modelers print their own, and do as you also mentioned, scan the original sheet to save it and print a fresh version. I don't know the specific technical details, since I don't print my own. But others here should be able to provide the details to get you going.
Thanks...yes I would be very interested in learning some of the details to printing decals!

So let me get this straight...I can buy special decal paper and print my own decals with our color laser printer at work? This could be a game changer! I am a hobby digital graphic artist and I enjoy designing graphics like nose art and logos...now I find out I can print these designs to scale and apply them to my models!?! I can also see myself scanning decal sheets before I use them in case I mess up then I can reprint them in a pinch! I wish I would have found his out before I just spent $10 on a 71 Mach 1 decal sheet so I can turn my Revell Boss model into a Mach 1! The only problem I can foresee is that most printers don't print the color white...that could be tricky!

Because there’s no such thing as white ink cartridge for the home printer or commercial printer - laser jet or inkjet.
Here are a few nose art style designs that I created recently (just using my online moniker for fun)

View attachment 105545View attachment 105546View attachment 105547View attachment 105548

Latest posts

Back