My afterlife entry..

Thanks all,

Nice one Scott!!

I get to start with the blood in the next few days. King Gidrah is more important this week.......I really need to get that one done!

Soooo cool!
A zombie-carebear! ;D ;D
Just joking *shy*
Great job with those red evil eyes, mouth and everything!

looking good. totally different from your other entry. curious are you going to sculpt clothes on him or go for the bloody skinned look? also will aves work as a basic filler for gaps on planes and sci fi models or is it best suited for major work. your vids are really informative. getting alot of great tips. you guys have put me back in the modelling mood. thanks!!

Solander: Thank you. A zombie care bear. Hummm.....

Noc5659: I have used aves for seam filling. And for major work. You can do a seam with aves very fast and have almost no sanding afterwards once you have practiced with it a bit. I roll out the aves as a snake and then tack it to the model. One in place, just smooth it out with water. If you do this correctly, no sanding. That is the great part! It doesn't shrink or crack like other putty. I started using it, and I won't go back unless they stop making it.

SLW45: Thank you! I wanted to do something different for the afterlife category. Something that others wouldn't think of.

Quaralane: Thank you! I was in a happy mode the night I made those clips.

ScaleModelDisciple said:
I really like the way you filled in the huge gaps around the jaw.
I think Aves should hire you as their spokesman.

LOL Sometimes I feel like their spokes person.

what going on with the BEAR ??? and you hugging it ??? LOL

keep us up to date my friend !

LOL

hugging the bear... hummm ! LOL

I did some work on him last night, almost done with the colors I am going to use. But I am using oil paints for this, so he has to dry for 5 days......

I will get an update posted soon.

Hi,
Bear looks really good.
About the ears maybe you can cut a piece of one ear so it will look like bitten or torn off?
As for painting try somewhere on a side using dark blue paint highly thinned thru an airbrush making a web pattern and if it comes good try it on the bear to replicate veins under the skin. Might look good.
And last thing don't know if you will want to try it but maybe using Vallejo water or gel denso colored with paint as a blobby kind of thing coming out of his wounds or mouth would look ok.
I've made something similar here:
http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,1342.0.html
Cheers and looking forward for next update

Hey G, Mr. Brear is looking good!!! ;) Good luck on getting the washes down...looking forward to seeing the results!! ;D

Biskup: I used oil paints to color him up, starting with purple, and then blue. To give a foundation, moved on to brownish red, then dark red. Right now he looks really bloody and torn up. I will get another video up soon!

TRM: Washes are done! I have to let it sit for 4 days for the oil paints to cure.

Those wound on his stomach looks incredibly realistic. Awesome job as always!
Can't wait to see the ending result. Red bloody streaks on white skin - promises to look very atmospheric and scary.

Solander: Somehow I missed your reply.... It does look good, now that I am almost done with coloring it up. The oil paints will be dry tomorrow and I can start with a few acrylics then. Tamiya clear red is great blood, just mix in a bit of brown for chunky bits and you have it! I get to practice up my splatter techniques with the base.

Thanks Quaralane!

Here is the next bit of bear love, the silly old bear....

Zombie bear.....gets some color...

Moving right along G! Looking cool!!! I'm Liking his blood and guts ...it coming around nicely. Keep it rolling!!! ;)

Thanks TRM: I took him to work yesterday and the vote was for more Blood. He already has more blood than this video shows. And they want MORE!

Norm: I am not worried about the real color of polar bear skin, this is just a model, and fun! Besides, black skin won't show off the blood as well.......

Latest posts

Back