MPC MF conversion "Last Chance"

Looking very good,
and a nice side effect of sanding all the old paint off is it looks like it has some nice 'pre-shading" to it.
Cuz the old paint is still in the gaps of the panels.
;D
Or at least, that's how it looked to me. :)

ModelMakerMike said:
Looking very good,
and a nice side effect of sanding all the old paint off is it looks like it has some nice 'pre-shading" to it.
Cuz the old paint is still in the gaps of the panels.
;D
Or at least, that's how it looked to me. :)

Youre right. It looks like a light preshading. I could not remove the old color there. The panels would be destroyed. And its not necessary to remove it. Most important was to clean the flat surfaces for redetailing and conversion.

Quaralane said:
Nice work getting that hull cut down.

Thanks Q. It was very dangerous to cut the supports and the round end of the hull. I missed my hand only for a few millimeters sometimes. If you cut that thick plastic, be careful!!

Thats it for today, I sanded the bay flaps and keep those landing gears for tomorrow. Time to get some rack time, see ya!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Looking nice!! And I know what you mean by cutting thick plastic. I have been cutting it all day....

We have a progress here. I stripped the left landing gear. You can see the remaining parts. I cut some brass tubes and rods to rebuild the gear. Because I repaired the stand for several times, its not very strong, so I will change the plastic pipes with brass tubes. Additional I get the chance for a hidden power supply :)
But somehow I forgot to buy the 4,5mm brass tube. It looks like im getting old, oder crazy or both...

I did the lower gun this evening. The landing gear have to wait until i get the missing 4.5mm brass tube

You are moving really fast on this, Chief!
Absolutely great job with the new engine area shape, as well as on the other spots! Very well done :)

The first landing gear is done! With brass tubes its a little stronger than the original parts. Its still moveable to get the right balance on the diorama, eventually

Look at you go. This is awesome CPO!! Very cool build you're doing. It's a lot of fun to watch your conversion of this old kit. Keep up the great work!

Thank you. Its really funny! And I get some experience with brass and tools! I never though that it will be so easy to use brass tubes.

Latest posts

Back