MPC MF conversion "Last Chance"

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Finally we got the 1st October (MET). Time for another pile of scrap. Its the MPC Millenium Falcon. As I bought it at the early 90ies it was a Full Interior Model, but I wasnt able to glue all the stuff and I throw all interior into the garbage... Some sort of rookie mistake...

Because many of you build the Millenium Falcon out of the box out with some upgrades, I decided to walk a different path. During the research for the MF, I found another awesome YT-1300, the "Last Chance". I dont want to discribe much, you can read the full story on Wookiepedia! The Last Chance took part of some X-Wing books out of the extended universe. There are only a few drawings and technical informations about her, so I have to fill many things with my own phantasy.

The LC also get a full scratchbuild interior and lighting and without any plans, its a complete try and error model :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

A good start. I cleaned the MF Model under the shower. It was very dusty :-X
Then I took the loose parts and sanded down all glue remnants and old color. I filled some seams with Revell putty. Now I have to do the first conversion: The quadruple Lasers need to be another type like the MF. I cut off the muzzles and drilled each. More later. 5am. Ill try to get some sleep.

Thats an older YT freighter. It has nothing to do with the LC. I printed it out to get a clue for the room layout.
Im back again from shopping. Bought several tools for my dremel, drills and a helping hand clamp. I also get a long searched divider by accident :) A good shopping tour! Women only would buy shoes :)

Well, at the end of the day, a stripped bottom and many parts left...

Thanks Q. It looks like much but funny work. My mind is full with ideas and details. I hope I can implement the
half of them :)

Looks nice. Good luck with her, Chief ;)
I'm really eager to see the new engine section - the schematics do look quite promising))

Well, Im very disappointed with that Dremel sanding tool. It produces many heat in very short time, so the plastic is overdone within a second. Even at the minimum rpm of 5000. You can sand down all flat surfaces if you be quick, but if you have to remove surface details, you soon get streaks.
Its definatly the wrong tool for sanding plastic. Dont use it! Maybe youll get better effects under 5000 rpm, but my Dremel didnt catch that speed.

This will be interesting built to see come to life,will be following.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Well, Im very disappointed with that Dremel sanding tool. It produces many heat in very short time, so the plastic is overdone within a second. Even at the minimum rpm of 5000. You can sand down all flat surfaces if you be quick, but if you have to remove surface details, you soon get streaks.
Its definatly the wrong tool for sanding plastic. Dont use it! Maybe youll get better effects under 5000 rpm, but my Dremel didnt catch that speed.

That is why I don't use my dremel that much. It just melts its way through the plastic. I usually just sand everything by hand.

Youre right. I sandet down all details and the old color by hand. It took the whole Day, but it looks great. A good base to proceed with conversion

Thanks. All the surface details gone. I planed to replace pipes, dots and fences with other parts

Working on the rear landing gear bays. Original parts looks like... I dont know...some sort of LEGO stones ;D
Dont wanna use them.

Latest posts

Back