MPC MF conversion "Last Chance"

Totally. Wow, they look killer.

So you cut the brass with a cutoff wheel on the dremel? I should try that. Scoring with a blade just doesn't seem like the best way...

Scott Girvan said:

So you cut the brass with a cutoff wheel on the dremel? I should try that. Scoring with a blade just doesn't seem like the best way...

I second that. Scratchbuilding noob here. I have a kick-butt Dremel kit with nothing for it to do... until now! Thanks for the help!

That is some pretty Kool work with the Brass my man !

Took those 30+ year old Wannabe U/C out for good !!! That is hard work !

Can't wait what else you will bring to this build....

Awesome !

index.php

Scott Girvan said:

Jepp, I bought a new generation tooling set for my dremel. Found that at the local tool shop. Look for "speed click" wheel for iron, brass and plastic. It gives the advantage to cut the brass fast and straight. But be careful! It maybe dangerous if you slipping.

NecronautDrummer said:
I second that. Scratchbuilding noob here. I have a kick-butt Dremel kit with nothing for it to do... until now! Thanks for the help!

You welcome ;D You should reduce the speed to maximum 5000 rpm. Any more will kill your plastic, desk or fingers...For some parts even 5000 is too fast. So I had to use the Dremel carefully or take the fret saw

Well, I have noticed, that there is a different between the ANH and ESB Falcon. While at ANH the Landing gear has three gears, the ESB has 5 ones. After some hours of research I found some examples for the missing gear bays. I decided to try it, but there is another problem. Styrene sheet gets low on stock . So I have to order some new... (Try and error, chapter 1) :mad:

So I forced to have a break until the sheets arrive. I tried to build the lower machinery pods, but this also didnt make any sense beause I have to embed the new gear bays, and that will probably vary the measures.. We will see.

Meanwhile I sand down the other parts. Sanding... I love it :-X

Is there an RPM counter thingy for a Dremel? I've also thought of using a sewing machine pedal for a Dremel spliced into the power cord, to free up my hands for holding yet maintaining and varying the spin speed of the tool on the fly.
Any experience or how-to's out there on doing something like this?

NecronautDrummer said:
Is there an RPM counter thingy for a Dremel? I've also thought of using a sewing machine pedal for a Dremel spliced into the power cord, to free up my hands for holding yet maintaining and varying the spin speed of the tool on the fly.
Any experience or how-to's out there on doing something like this?

My Dremel have an RPM Counter, but thats addicdet from the model (I bought the 398). I hold the Dremel and work piece with my hands while sanding. When i cut things, I cramp the work piece on my desk and cut wiht the dremel free hand.

Still waiting and sanding. They said, it would take 14 Days to get all the Evergreen stuff I ordered... There are more humanly ways to kill me :(

Yeah, I'm waiting on parts for my build too. What really gets my goat is when I make the 1 1/2 hour drive to a hobby store with a mental list of things I need, and drive back home before realizing that, "oh, yeah, I need some of that too..." Must. Write. List. Down.

NecronautDrummer said:
Yeah, I'm waiting on parts for my build too. What really gets my goat is when I make the 1 1/2 hour drive to a hobby store with a mental list of things I need, and drive back home before realizing that, "oh, yeah, I need some of that too..." Must. Write. List. Down.

I know that...somehow.. ;D

CHIEF,

Lookin' Great !! I really Dig th Landing gear. I will be doing something similar to My 'Ol School Falcon !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

panzerace007 said:
CHIEF,

Lookin' Great !! I really Dig th Landing gear. I will be doing something similar to My 'Ol School Falcon !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

Thanks, Panzer
I still wait for my Evergreen stuff. If they arrive, I will build the missing gear bays and end up that crazy landing gear. ;D

Strike!! I found a single Evergreen sheet at a local railroad store. I bought it at once, so Im able to continue with the LC, now. I took some measures for the new gear bays and the nearby machinery pods. There werent any troubles, so I glued them on the lower hull. And they fit ;D

I used many old 1/72 Aircraft parts for detailing the bays and pods. I also found the missing pilots seat from my Aichi D3A1 (maybe you remember her), hehe!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Very clean work on the additional bays. Well done!
Also can't help admitting the installed landing gears. Always love all those pipes and stuff on MF gears, like the one's You've placed to. Obviously, such stuff is not for good, as all those pipes might one day stuck and prevent landing bay doors for closing during rough takeoff, and the bird birns in high atmosphere.. But still is looks so COOOOL ;D

Haha!Youre maybe right. If they failed, the crew have to retract them with a crank, hehe! Good luck then...

Here are some more pictures of the gear and machinery. I started the last two shoes and the supports. I had to glue three strips together to get the thick base for them...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sweet work on all of this. Everything looks smokin' cool CPO - great fun to look at.

Latest posts

Back