Modeling goals, plans and dreams for 2011

Junkie

New year and new model building plans and projects. I have several ideas brewing in my mind, projects I'd like to finish and some new ones too.

I want to finish my Spitfire down build and I'd like to continue with the Battle of Hoth, although I'm not in a huge rush to finish that one. I also have that M72 tank that could be ready for paint in about 8 hours of building. As for the 1/72 tank I started a while back....that's pretty much a right off.

As for new projects, I have 3 that are brewing in my mind:

MPC Millennium Falcon with a Hangar Bay 94 Diorama
I have all the parts for this with tons of resin for the Falcon. The idea is the build the hangar scene when Obi, Luke and the gang first walk in a see it. I am planning or wanting to also build a bit of Mos Eisley space port and have a few other ships flying about, people in the streets, landspeeders. I also have a DewBack and stuff too. It will be a ton of work, and a project that very easily could stall - but it would be cool, and big (about 4'x4').

Iron Man Tank Scene
Modify the Moebius Iron Man to depict the scene when he shoots the tank. Build a box diorama with a forced perspective street and the tank at the end of the street. I have the tank in 1/144 already and it looks really cool. Again, tons of work and time.

The MOTHERSHIP
Been thinking about this on and off for a while. A complete kit bash / scratch build of a city scape or county scape with a huge alien mothership hovering over it. I've been browsing this blog (http://conceptships.blogspot.com) and there is amazing inspiration there. This could easily get huge so the scale would have to be really small, like 1:500 or something.

So that's about it for now...I guess.

Feel free to comment and share your ideas for 2011!

I want to finish all unfinished models laying around here. First there´s a Fw 190 Dora 9 in 1:32 which i bought at a Flohmarket 5 Years ago. 2 Opel Maultier Transports, I ordered the Friul-Tracks a month ago (still waiting). A Panzer IV with full interior, startet in 2005. Finally a Klingon Vor`cha Attack-Cruiser, a victim of my Nice :)

More as it develops.....

i've got plans for the millenium falcon aswell in the form of the amt cut away kit.
the main priority before i even start to think of bilding it though is......to actually watch star wars!!! ;D
yes thats right i have never seen star wars so i suppose it will be something new.
as far as plans go for it, i dont have any but i do know i want to light it.

for now though i have a 1:35 trumpeter mil-24 hind diorama on the go which is on the forum iff you want to follow it. :p

I just want to try and finish one of the many kits that I have started.

Top of the list is the Paystar 5000 truck with logging trailer for the CAMS show.

Galactica

Spitfire MkIX

And I have to think of the themes for CAMS which will be coming fast, despite it being the last weekend in May!

Something at least for the War in the Pacific theme, don't know if I will make the auto theme.

Then there are the umpteen dozen (or is that hundred) kits that continuously call my name to be started (no I am not crazy, the kits don't actually talk to me/call my name.....you know what I mean!!)

New Year's resolution is to build more.....here we are day 5 of 2011, and I have yet to touch plastic!! I did touch the Xacto knife and tweezers, but that was to take a shard of glass from a CFL bulb out of my finger that exploded on me! Nice way to start 2011!

I want to finish my epic T62 build(s) and my mecha group build, its just so cold in the garage right now.

I have dozen and half tank kits on my to build shelf that stare down at me too.

My custom Galactica build of the BSG-47 Solaria (Has armor and a couple of other mods)
Numerous kits in my stash
Paradise "X-Jet" that I'm currently working on

Seens like we have all many unfinished models, hehehe!
I thought I be alone...

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Seens like we have all many unfinished models, hehehe!
I thought I be alone...
Not here, Chief. I think's it's part of the modelling bug

I will sleep a little bit better, now :)

Quaralane said:
My custom Galactica build of the BSG-47 Solaria (Has armor and a couple of other mods)

I made a Solaria-Patch in 2006:

[attachment deleted by admin]

I always loved her. At some forums Im known as "Solaria Actual", hehe. Im looking forwar to yours :)

Now that my tables have been uncovered (we had to store a bunch of boxes in our garage which effectively buried and cut off my model tables and models), I can actually contemplate modeling again.

I want to finish my contest build..maybe in time for the next contest to start.

I also have a Mk1 Viper to finish and a 1/144 scale Zeta Gundam to finish as well. Maybe I'll throw in a 1/2500 scale Akira class in there for good measure. :)

Lots and lots of MaK for me and gundams yeah gundams

Scott I would love to see that iron man project take effect moebius kits are always really nice and I've been curious about that iron man kit for a while now

you have some really interesting projects planned
im looking forward to seeing them wipped up
as for the mothership ideia I really liked it, it maked me remember the movie "district 9"

District 9 - yes that movie inspires me alot. It could be a fun project.

Great stuff guys and yes....we all have unfinished kits - part of the hobby I guess.

I always have lots of ideas on the next builds, as I try never to begin a new project without ending the previous one (this rule really has great advantages that I noticed after beginning to follow it. To say i few words it provides with a high level of self-satisfaction - almost as high as it is difficult to follow it, you know ;D) But for the beginning of this year the number of my "to do list" points has become just enormous.
They are:

Battle for Naboo:

A part of a Trade Federation cruiser from Ep1 with a quad turbolaser turret and a sensor array with lots of parabolic dishes and an N-1 dogfighting droids over all this (the fighters are 1/48 scale by Ertl)

A battle over the Deathstar

Part of the deathstar's surface with a turbolaser turret and and X-Wing chased by a TIE on it's tale, flying by that turret. The models would be 1/48 FineMolds kits.

Venator crushsite:

The dio of the republic Venator-class destroyer, crashed on a distant forgotten planet years ago, with tons of rust, plants and all that abandoned crashsite stuff on its damaged hull.

The AAT dio:

A Trade Federation tank colored in Ep1 style. It would be passing through some Naboo country-side surroundings with a patrol, knowing nothing of a nabooan resistance soldier,hiding nearby with a pack of termodetonatorsand waiting for a right time to win or die.

And a some special build, which I'd like to leave in a cover of mystery for a while because
1- it is a really nice concept, but it requires some additional time to think it over.
2- I didn't get all the kits and stuff required for it yet
3- I think that it's going to be an excellent project for any upcoming contest (honestly I'm really dreaming of a new SMA contest like the Big Spring one last year.I've found Scott's awesome videos and this site when it had been more then a half way through already), so I'd like to play a little on an element of surprise=))
But I can say, thatit would be a tribute to the classic (oh mine, can't believe I'm saying this))) Clone Wars setting. I thing many of you, guys, might remember all those DC comics, games like Republic Commando and Battlefront, the 2D Clone Wars cartoon - everything that was with us while waiting for the last episode... I'm not among those who hate the new Clone Wars series, although they really break canon.. But, this would be really a piece of nostalgia for me :)

Well, to be frank it's far not all of my projects: there are also a couple of enterprises and Millennium Falcons, some huge dioramas and a super-mega-puper highly detailed MPC Imperial Star Destroyer, but I thing that all these would suite another topic, called something like "Your plans for another 10 years" ;D

And by the way, Scott, while looking through Your link I've found some great art:
http://conceptships.blogspot.com/2010/07/monthly-header-60-john-c-berkey.html

What an amazing work. I've seen some of these in the rather old sci-fi magazines of my father, but didn't know the name of the artist.
The first one, with this mothership over the lonely country-houses and the sleeping pastures is just blowing my mind. Maybe cause the country side depicted matches the one familiar to me from my childhood.

Think, that maybe, some day, I would make a dio of it too... In about 10 years :)

I'm on track to finish my Rick Dias by the end of Feb...that leaves enough time before CAMS to attempt some sort of diorama with it and the MkII (maybe a slice of the flight deck from the Argama?).

After that...well...I need to get buying. Time for a Bandai order Elm? LOL.

Hi, long time watching first time post, all these ideas are great! but I would love to see Scott tackle the falcon! 8) I got the fine molds 1.72 falcon for xmas and I'm a little nervous about starting it (iv only been modeling for a year and dont know whether i can do her justice!!) :-\

Latest posts

Back