Modeling goals, plans and dreams for 2011

I have more than enough models to keep me busy for the year, so I'm going to work on painting techniques, weathering techniques, and my overall skill level. If I destroy a few in the process, I'll chalk it up to research and development ;D

sunsanvil said:
I'm on track to finish my Rick Dias by the end of Feb...that leaves enough time before CAMS to attempt some sort of diorama with it and the MkII (maybe a slice of the flight deck from the Argama?).

After that...well...I need to get buying. Time for a Bandai order Elm? LOL.

Actually was thinking about it....got another person that wants a few things as well. Probably Feb sometime?

Jdog71 said:
I have more than enough models to keep me busy for the year, so I'm going to work on painting techniques, weathering techniques, and my overall skill level. If I destroy a few in the process, I'll chalk it up to research and development ;D

That is what I am doing right now. For this year I have one major stalled project to finish: The 1/350 Enterprise NX. I did do some work on it a few days ago, but my experimenting has taken priority. I want to try and finish that up in the next two weeks if I can.

After that I have a Dio of the Martian war machine I want to finish up, and a few smaller works.

Speaking of Motherships, here are a few photos I took of the mothership from Close Encounter of the Third kind when I was at the Smithsonian:

IMG_1249.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

The second photo shows one of the Greeblies they used on the Mothership.

Hello folks,
I have been determined not to start a new project until I have finished the current one. Nah... I knew you would not believe me. ;)
But the good news is that I only have 2 kits on the go at present. I hope to finish them both soon (By the end of Jan.). My major plan for 2011 is to build the Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire IX with all the bells and whistles. If I can get that done by December 31 then that would be great.

cheers,
FW190A-8

Nice big Spitfire you have planned. Cool.

OK, that Mothership is quite awesome Grendels.

for my builds i still want to do the following

For aircraft 1/48th scale

Get the new decals for the Ace Of Spades P-51 Printed and applied, i already have a upgrade Propeller built for it! its still missing a lot of detail

F6F Hellcat

Mitsubishi Zero

MKIX Spitfire

ME-262

F-22 Raptor (with a custom twist)

For cars

Make one super souped up out of this world Corvette, i want to Re make a old Revell Corvette stingray, and re make a super fast car that i have made in the past, but didnt look very good, i want to re make it because i know i could do better now! .

Beyond what i can afford

get a remote controled 1/16 scale Tamiya M-26 Pershing, o man... so expensive though

make a remote control Ace Of Spades P-51D Mustang...

2010 was pretty productive for me, so Id like 2011 to be at least as productive. I currently have 2 group build subjects on the go, a 1/72 Academy B-17F for an interclub challenge to be shown at the CAMS show in May (entering it in the B-17 GB at ARC also), and a 1/144 Revell CC177 for the "On Canadian Wings GB", Id like to get a Revell 1/72 Lancaster done for that GB as well, built as a post war Lancaster Mk10 SAR. The only other aircraft on the radar right now is something for the Pacific theme at Cams, that will either be an Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 or a Tamiya 1/48 FAA Corsair II. Id like to get another AFV built this year, probably the 1/35 Dragon Early Jagdpanther, maybe the Trumpeter Canadian LAVIII instead. And for vehicles, our club is tossing around ideas for a tribute GB for a member of a local model club that passed away last weekend, the build would involve American muscle cars or hot rods.

I just want to carry on as best I can. I've had a pretty poor start to the year, and it looks like another house move might be on the cards. I just hope I can find somewhere with a good space for me to have a studio.

Finding time to film is tough at the moment, but hey - we can't have everything. We'll see how 2011 pans out but in terms of modelling goals my main one is to keep my channel alive despite the potential for major disruption!

I just remembered the SCAHMS show is coming up in March! GAH! I got to get some historicals done!

First off SO glad I found this site! IT ROCKS!!
After a 2 year hiatus from doing models 2011 will be the year I will jump back into the hobby with both feet. Looking through my stock pile of models I realized I have alot started with only a few finished.

Have learned a few things and thinking about doing a couple dio's this year definitely a junk yard one since I have so many parts (30 gal tote full anyone need anything lol)

Other then that just look forward to building something!!

I want to start my thunderbirds/ blue angels diorama. I have always wanted a model of each plane each team has ever used, of course preferably in the same scale. That and scratch building I want to try also.

For me in 2011 I am going to finish my Hasegawa Draken that is just sitting there waiting for all the small bits to be put on. Right now I am in the middle of putting a Classic Airframes Vampire Mk.3 together for the Canadian GB on ARC and I have a Hasegawa F-14D being built for the shows in Shearwater and Fredericton. A few other projects keep calling my name also.

Finishing Old projects would be my Pri One ! for 2011.

Since I just retired from the Army and my "Expendable" income slashed in 4 ! LOL and my New Job is paying a lot less ! I will have to look thru my stash and build what I have accumulated over the years!

Out !

My goal is to bite off only chewable sized morsels...modeling or otherwise ::)

Ive got a ton of 28mm Warhammer minis to finish, but my main goal is to get my Space Wolf army finished. Somewhere along the way I have an old MPC 1/24 scale JU-87b Stuka and an Revell 1/32 M-47 Patton tank I want to complete.

Those are my priorities...

I'd love to complete these as well by Dec 31.

BanDai W-Gundam Zero Custom
Revell 1/25 Custom 56' Ford Pickup
Italeri 1/35 US Army Cargo Truck (2 1/2 ton)

As soon as I get the bench cleared I'm gonna dive head-first into a MiG-15 bis Fagot-B in 1/48. For Xmas I got the Trumpeter kit along with a set of Fast-Frame masks, resin wheels, resin cockpit and Eduard photoetch kit. But all the A/M kits are for the Tamiya kit, which I have in The Stash. But since it all came together as one gift, well.....this should be fun. ;D

Finish what I've started in previous years :D

Seriously, though, I want to finish my 1/700 Pennsylvania, which is for the FellowSHIP Build at Agape, and so, has a deadline; the pair of Mustangs that I started for the DVSM December meeting that I had to miss; and Tom Daniel's Red Baron, which is also for a fellowship build at Agape (Automotive). I had good momentum, till I hit a wall when I realized that I have to strip the chrome off the chromed parts. AMS sets in....

Oh, and I have a bunch of toy solders on the bench, too.

Latest posts

Back