Minicraft 1:144 Lancaster

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
I really believe that this forum makes modellers better. This is not my best work, but here is one of the kits I've been experimenting on with new techniques (learnt mostly from others on the forum)...The prop blur effect came from ideas and techniques posted by DaveTheChef and JediPuju. The painting (along with subsequent stripping, repainting and the following second stripping, and third painting) info and support came from Scott over at Elm City Hobbies and Barons post about the Super Clean. The stand is similar to the one that Grendels made for his Akira class starship, and the one I made for my Queen of night build.

This is the first kit that I've;
1. Painted entirely with Vallejo (3X’s)
2. Cut out and made new windows
3. Learned to love Mr. Surfacer 500
4. Painted up some prop blurs
5. Tried out stripping the paint with the Super Clean

Thanks Guys.
Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.

JMac

[attachment deleted by admin]

A few more pictures.

JMac

WOW JMac! Impressive. Now 1/44, I would go blind I think. Well Done! ;)

Thanks guys. :)

@Scott - yeah, it was weird I took a few pictures I was going to post them. I looked and I thought, man that looks bigger than it should. After that I went back and added the picture with my 6" steel rule.

@Jingles - I've got a few 1:144 scale builds in process now - actually kind of nice - small on size & cost (good for display) big on fun. The only problem I have right now is the SU-22 I'm working on now has this crazy East German camo scheme and it's tiny - masking will be a problem...

Love the prop blur. Nice work on this one, and I like the small size as well. My 1/110 cosair will easily find a home.

Very nice job; I'm currently building the Australian Lancaster 'G' for George as seen in the Australian War Memorial in Canberra, I had just convinced myself to throw the kit together. But you've inspired me to give it a fair go. I'll eventually post some pictures.

Well done.

http://www.awm.gov.au/encyclopedia/george/

I found a great picture of the exhibit; there is a ME109 in the background and just to the left (out of picture) there is a ME 163 and 262.

Latest posts

Back