mini truck tractor or yard mule

noname

I have a few older builds laying about that I'd like to recycle. This is one of them. I'm starting with these three pieces.

IMG_3846_zps0f6d3f55.jpg

So far I cut the front off the roadster body. The back part will be tossed.

I had to convert the six cylinder back to stock. This came from another old build but is perfect for this. All I have to do is complete the weathering, add a fuel line and an exhaust of some sort. probably a little smoke stack like a tractor has.

I'm using the chassis and suspension as is even tho I raised the front end previously. It'll work well for this build.

Should be a fairly quick but fun little build. :D

Hey guys, I think I have a good start on the little rig. Got the weathering of the engine pretty much done and in place. The frame is coming along. Might have to do a little more to it at some point but should probably get the body on before I go further.

IMG_3858_zpsb4be3b3b.jpg

IMG_3871_zps0d724c38.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Very cool. There was a conversion for the model 'A' into a tractor, it was called a doodlebug. Your kit bash reminds me of one I saw at a wrecking yard.

Thanks. A Doodlebug, I like that. Ya it's just suppose to be a simple raw little farm hand or whatever you want to call it.

I forgot to mention that I used a razor blade to shave off the tread. Then sanded and will add some grooves and such. The only thing that will hold me up is the rear tires. I need something a little tall but may have to stick with something similar to the front tires.

Thanks guys. Just a tiny update. This shows about as much body work as this is gonna get.lol I may make a small bed for the back, not sure yet. This by the way for those who don't already know, is what you'd do if you were lowering a body. Except you'd make a tranny tunnel as well. I on the other hand am not going to bother. This is not road worthy nor a race car so a tranny cover isn't necessary. It's raw ain't it? ;D

IMG_3874_zps77895f29.jpg

I love how techniques cross genres so well. That rust fits this build, or a bare metal tank, or the droid strip of an Xwing, part of a ship etc...very cool.

Thanks alot yous twos.

Ya the techniques of grime rust and chipped paint fit alot of different genres. I will do a little more weathering to the frame at some point. This is like a hillbilly Rat Rod.

I was thinking how in real life this Chevy six in such a light vehicle would really haul butt. They were known to be rather torquey. The body (if that's what you wanna call it ;D) has to be moved back from it's normal postiton to accomodate the extra length of the 6 cyl..

Hmmmm,...I made this hood, and I kinda dig but I hate to cover up the engine. It's a tough one.

IMG_3880_zpse97bbe38.jpg

IMG_3876_zpsc64b8f03.jpg

I'm not going with the above hood. Making one out of styrene instead.

In the meantime I've got some paint and chipping done.

9593f99e-4636-4a15-90f8-25273a0b6caf_zps5f350bf3.jpg

Made a steering column and an exhaust.

IMG_4141_zps8e2afe59.jpg

And added a makeshift single headlight.

IMG_4136_zpsd8bdd03f.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks guys. Although this is intended to be a very simple work vehicle, I've still got a bit of work to do. It is nice because as there isn't much to it, there is extra time to spend on the little things. The frame needs a bit of attention yet as well as the tires. I was also thinking of piling some wood or something on the back, yet I'm kind of taken by the simplicity of bare frame. :)

Thanks alot CT.

Working on the cockpit. Almost there. :)

IMG_4146_zpsfe081a7c.jpg

Latest posts

Back