Merseajohn's BCI Resin 1/36 Tie Fighter

Ha ha thanks Matt, don't worry I'll get this all serviced and ready for your star destroyer! :p

I was the 'other guy' mentioned in the TIE thread where I stumbled upon vallejo pale blue grey when I was eyeing up colours for my harrier :

check out my post here for my little interceptor, where you can get a feel for this colour:

http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,2361.msg23077.html#msg23077

Its no way near as blue as the pactra blue on the studio miniature, but I think it captures the on-screen look fairly well.

regarding tamiya TS-32 spray, Good discussion at the rpf here:

http://www.therpf.com/f10/anh-tie-color-alternatives-tamiya-ts-32-a-91957/

oh and looking good, btw ;D

I think You've caught the color really well, John. Nice job!

fubar said:
P.S. Lookin' cool, hope this will be serving on my Star Destoryer when it's finished. 8)

While fubar's SD is in the dry docks, I will gladly include your fighter into the TIE battle-wing placed on mine. If only, of coarse, we deal with the problem of your TIE's wings being more then 200 times bigger than the main hangar's entrance hight ;D

Ok so I've finally made it back to the TIE Fighter! Body's done! Heres the breakdown. Did some subtle highlitling/post shading on the panels using a mix of tamiya xf-66 (light grey) and xf-2 (flat white) a little heavy on the grey when mixing. Also I have added a pin wash with MIG Cold Grey. I wanted it looking CLEAN so no weathering has been done apart from that. I added the grey panels using Vallejo London Grey, and wasnt 100% happy with canopy so I sprayed it with Vallejo Air German Grey and then Highlited it with Tamiya Dark Grey (sort of worked lol). Also I have added some AK Interactive Brake lights on the back they look great in the right light almost like LED's when you catch them just right.
IMG_1268.jpg
IMG_1263.jpg
IMG_1269.jpg

Thats just a TiE should be....lovely and clean, not like those shabby Rebels. ;D

Love the brake lights.....AK you say! Have to check them out.

TTFN Matt

Cheers matey, started on the wings tonight. And the masking was sooooooooo boring, it's not hard just tedious.
51c49c0e.jpg
40620db3.jpg
09098389.jpg
Now ofF to decant some more paint! If I'm typing funny it will be due to the fumes! :-X

Colour looks fantastic. Love those little lenses and brake lights. And good job with that masking.

This makes me wanna make one of my TIE kits......awesome stuff dude, and surely it cant be more boring than watching all these 'celeb' progs on TV atm?!?! lol

TTFN Matt

She looks very nice! Masking may be tedious, but if done right, really brings out the model.

;D thanks for the comments guys! That's given me the little push I need to mask the other wing lol! I have a nice set of death star tiles that I'm going to put to good use on this aswell. My mates a stone mason and has offered to make me a nice plynth. Now he can supply these so if it turns out good then they will be available to anyone who wants one. Think tank/plane/car etc all sitting on a nice marble/piano black/stone etc plynth! ;D Right plug done off to build lol

Not 100% sure yet, I'll get mine made up and we'll see. What sort of size would you like Fubar? He can also emboss and reverse emboss whatever you want written on the side!

Not too sure tbh yet m8, depends on the weight i guess! Could he make a hollow compartment to hide a battery pack? I'm thinking of my A-Wing really, i plan to get cracking again on it thanks to some help Grendals gave me. ;D

Yeah I suppose he could cut out a rectangle just off center....you would then have to lay a sheet of plasticard over the top..paint it....and make some death star tiles! ;D PM me with a design including your dimensions and I'll forward it to him and get a price for ya! ;)
And while I'm here anyone know of any 1/35 tie fighter pilots (long shot I know).

I heard the TIE pilot was based on WWII German aircrew uniforms so a 1/35 German air models may be a start, i have the white metal Stormtrooper models like the Rebel soldier i used for my A-Wing pilot but i dont know the scale.....i can send you a few if you'd like to try em out for size?

TTFN Matt

Latest posts

Back