merseajohn's Anigrand 1/144 Resin Sentinal Shuttle

Wow! Looks like I've fallen behind on this. 2 videos! Nice one, John. :)

That last vid is actually very informative. You can really see how you apply that coat over the pre-shade.

I agree, that's a darn masterclass on the subject (although a little dialogue would go a long way). So rich looking, yet so simple. Very nice work.

Thanks Grendels, Sol, Q, Igard, Scott and Necro thanks mate I will try and chuck in a few words on the next vid lol! Got the second (and final) coat down on the top and canopy. I think thats about as far as I want to go, to much paint and you destroy the pre shade and not enough leaves big hazy black lines. What do you guys think?
IMG_1149.jpg
Canopy
IMG_1150.jpg
The inside will be black so ignore that over spray on the 'control board'.

Looks terrific. I haven't tried pre-shading yet, but I reckon this is the example to follow. It's very subtle, but it's definately there.

Thanks Igard, I think you should defintely try pre shading. It does no harm and if you dont like it you can just keep spraying over it.
And Fubar this will get dirty!!

Ok so got the canopy on (still need to spray the inside with tamiya smoke) I've also added a few decals in the cockpit. Ive ordered some N scale railroad figures (thanks Q for the refrence in your vid of the harlet) so I can have some pilots. Also added landing gear (still need to add hanging pipes). The more I look at it the more I think shall I keep it clean? But wheres the fun in that? I dont want it filthy and battered like the falcon, but I do want it to look dirty and used.....dunno what do you guys think? Anyway heres the first pic which shows up a nasty seem filling area which I thought I'd got rid of ::)
front.jpg
And the rear.
rear.jpg

Looks gorgeous, John. I like how it's got adjustable parts too.

I don't think it would be very dirty. Those Imperials would clean up most of the grime and slime that gathered (unlike those filthy rebels who couldn't care less ;D), but perhaps it would have some scorch marks from entering/exiting atmosphere.

She looks amazing! Great progress so far! Could be called complete already at this point, and still be a real marvel :)
But, imho, some weathering wouldn't harm her. Say, some light washing with neutral/brown tone, a bit scratching on the cargo area, where stardestroyer's hangar personnel were not careful enough bringing such machines as at-sts and speeder bikes onboard, and a couple 'lambda-class style' of streaks on the wings - guess this would be just enough.

Excellent...

The glowing effect on the engine is a real "plus" :D

Thanks Youli and Igard, the imperial's are a tidy bunch arn't they, Sol I think this has to have a bit of weathering. As I'v said its landing in and out of war zones and its fun to weather things!!! Anyway I'v gone ahead and filthed up the landing gear (dont worry the rest of the ship wont be this dirty lol).
Another little video showing my techniques. Hope you enjoy it (allthough it is veeeeery boring ha! best watched in hd I suppose??).
Anigrand 1/144 resin Sentinal Shuttle landing gear weathering

Got some work done on the decals and the canopy tonight, gave the glass a nice shine using klear. I'm trying to make this thing weathered and I keep finding ways of making it look clean lol!
38fb6f50.jpg

Awesome vids mate please keep them coming, i learn so much from watching them its untrue. ;D

I just got a small set of AK enamels called 'streaking effects' for weathering my A-Wing, are pigments worth me trying out or are the a bit too advanced for a newb because they look really cool when used in your vids!

TTFN Matt

Thanks Q the little guys arrived today, man there tiny! Going to try and turn an old Chinese man with a walking stick into an imperial officer.....should be fun. And thanks fubar that means alot! The AK streaking grime products are amazing! My new favourite way of weathering, stupidly easy to use and great results. As far as pigments are concerned I think there great, they give an almost airbrushed look. They are easy to use but tricky to remove. I use a rubber to remove unwanted dust, but don't think of it as bieng to advanced. Pick some up and have a go!

Ok got all the decals on and iv added a few grey panels to it just to mix it up. I sprayed xf 66 light grey first for a pre shade then xf19 sky grey for the actual colour. Here's the photographic evidence! Lol
eb9a357d.jpg
IMG_1159.jpg
IMG_1166.jpg
Hope you like! :D

Latest posts

Back