Merseajohns 1/48 Tamiya Panzerjager Jagdtiger Tank

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Hey guys, this is the progress so far with my 1/48 Tamiya Panzerjager Jagdtiger Tank. Its the first tank Iv built, and I'm not going all photo etch, its going to be a straight out of the box build and just a learning process really but I thought I would enter it for fun ;) I know nothing about tanks but I just love what you guys do with them and I saw a build up recently in a magazine and thought wow! I gotta get me one of those : 8)
Anyway enough blabbing here are the pics:
IMG_0505.jpg
IMG_0538.jpg
IMG_0540.jpg

Nice little beast !!!! you are on a Fast Track.... Keep up the good work...

lots of time ! well !!! don't rush things....

She is gonna look just fine !!

Norm.

OUT !

Thanks for the replies guys, a little update started working on the top half and added welding and brass handles, also the tracks have been sprayed Tamiya sky grey:
IMG_1495.jpg
IMG_1496.jpg

Sweet Molasses that looks great!
What primers are you using on that?

Yeah Bro !! Rock Out !! This is a Cool one to get your feet wet !! Those Weld Beads are PHAT !!

A little suggestion if you don't mind. ... Go a head & paint th lower hull before you attach the upper hull. It'll make it easier to get to th trax & weather them.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. If you want any reference let me know. I have the Combat History's on both of the 653rd. Pz.Jgr.Abtl & the 654th. Late in th War both battalions went to th Jagd-Tiger. I've got some really nice pix if you wanna look at that Ambush scheme. Just throwing it out there.

It's lookin really Great !! Keep Chuggin' along !!

Check this out -

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675041549_German-troops_German-Tiger-tanks_German-vehicles_Civilians-watch-the-troops

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65675041535_German-soldiers_arms-and-ammunition_German-tiger-tanks_civilians-wave

Awesome News Reel shot by the Americans. A Great look at th Big Kats !!

Thanks guy's, Myke I first primered the bottom with flat black then humbrol tank grey spray paint then highlighted with tamiya sky grey. panzerace007 thanks so much for the links, reality smacks you in the face when see the beasts rolling through the streets! And I have a question actually, should I stick to the colours tamiya suggest for the soldiers/drivers uniform?

What do th Instructions suggest ? Yeah, surprisingly these Big Kat's appear to be Strolling through th streets despite Their Size !! The Strum Artillerie Battalions wore a form of the Panzer Uniform, but in Field Grey & some in Reed Green. Some earlier unit commanders ( from th 654th) wore Tailored Uniforms made from Italian Camo & The German Splinter Pattern, which still could be found later commanding the Jagd Tigers, MOst of th Tigers wore the Ambush scheme.

Jagdcommander-1.jpg
Here you see a Commander from th 654th wearing a tailored Panzer jacket cut from The German Splinter pattern. Also note the Hat ( Fieldmutze) It's the Common hat worn by the Sturm Artillerie ( which is what th Pz.Jagr.Abtl's ( Panzer Jager Abtielung's) were considered

I agree with the welds it gives the attention to details, keep it going!!!

Wow! panzerace007 you certainly live up to your name with information! thanks for the replies, I think I may leave the soldiers out of it untill after the contest so I can still enter it in just the armour section. I was going to paint the tank with the colours tamiya recomended, but I picked up a modeling magazine with this tank in red on the front, and just had to paint mine red!
I got really stuck in today so heres the progress (sorry for the amount of pics):
IMG_0544.jpg
IMG_0552.jpg
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0555.jpg
IMG_0568.jpg

Looking good!! Good decision to keep the figures out, there are a lot of entries in the diorama category.

merseajohn said:
Thanks Grendels wouldnt want to go up against yours mate!

Scalemodelmadman is the one I don't want to go up against....... and he is also in that category.

Thank you for the kudos! But you do great work as well.

Looking really good. Very nice.
And, let it be noted that I, for one, am very glad to only be 'voting' in that category

Latest posts

Back