Merseajohn's 1/144 FM MF--finished

Re: Merseajohn's 1/144 FM MF

Thanks so much guys for the great feedback! First off Astroboy thanks for the comment! Now I use pigments because they give an almost airbrushed look. They can be built up and blended by using layers which gives a great effect. I don't quite understand what you mean by mixing colour? But I think you may mean blending which as said this can be done easily with pigments. I won't be using pigments for all the weathering though, Iv been using AK Interactive's streaking grime for the 'streaks' all over the ship which give a great look (pics will be posted but my laptop has decided to die and all photos now have to be uploaded from my I phone :mad:).

This is looking awesome, John!
One question: how are You applying the rust pigment? It looks like..hm.. spotty and has a very realistic complex shape. Is it applied with a sponge or something?
Actually it would be super-great if You make a small video, depicting your weathering process, I'd watch that with a big interest :)

My question regarding the pigments is this:

Is there an advantage to buying weathering pigments over mixing your own colours using various colours? I have a theatre painting background and if we wanted a colour, we always made it ourself using the primary colours we had at hand (as well as umbers, siennas , blacks and white)

Looks fantastic fella :) great work with the pigs ,they take it to a whole other level ...excellent .!

Chris.

JOHN,

Very Cool lookin' Falcon !! The Weathering is Rockin' Right Along !! I really dig the way the different panels PoP !! Looks Great Holmzz !! The Pigments look really Cool !!

Thank's so much for the comments guys! I'm on holiday at the moment:
a68e21bc.jpg
I'm stuck here lol, so when I get back home with a proper Internet connection I'll be cracking on with the falcon and answering your questions. Back to sunbathing!
;D

Nice. Caribbean? Cuba? Dominican Republic perhaps?

Soak up the sun.

WoW !! O.K. .... I'm Jealous ! Have Fun JOHN !!! Looks Awesome, take some Pix of some of the Local wild Life . etc & post ?? please ;D

Have a safe Trip !

It's Turkey mate, definitely going to soke up the sun! Not many model shops about though lol! (just fake handbags!), thanks Eric there's plenty of wildlife on the beach! ;)

merseajohn said:

Nice Weathering John, and you got the "Pool" that's hidden in the back of the Falcon just perfect.... very few people know of the pool.

LOL! ;D

Love this thread! The model's coming along great John. Must be hell not getting to work on it right now.

I'm home from my hols now guys and its time to get back to the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy lol. I'v actually made a little video :eek: Now I'm very bad at video editing and a little shy :p so theres no talking but have a look and let me know what you think. I hope it can be of some use. Cheers enjoy :)
Best view'd at 720p and full screen because theres a huge black box around the frame for some strange reason, oh and if you dont like Alice in Chains then hit the mute button lol :p
Millennium Falcon Fine Molds 1/144 Scale SMA Group Build

Wow, this is pretty awesome, thanks, John!
Hope You'd make videos like this one in future: You've made it fairly well, and it is really interesting and informative to watch. As for me, I've done it with pleasure. Especially with an acompaniment of such great music :)

Great stuff!

Quick question, did you do any overcoat on top of the acrylics before attacking it with the thinner?

Your work on weathering this is making my "Harlot" look showroom fresh, John.

Very nicely done

Thanks Solander, Scott, Astroboy & Q it means alot. Astroboy the initial base coat was enamel and the panels are acrylic. I put an acrylic Matt varnish coat over the whole model and let it fully cure over night before I attacked it with the enamel thinners. If you want me to make another vid on anything else let me know. Thanks again for watching.

Nice work on that video, it is good to see some of the AK stuff in action.

Latest posts

Back