Merkava MK IV Hobbyboss

geegad

ive started this build.i know there are some inaccuracy's with this kit but im not up on modern armour so i aint got a clue what they are..so here it is

images-3.jpg

only problem no pics left the camera at parents so no pics...

oooohh, will be watching this for sure!

i have the Academy Mk. IV LIC and AFAIK, the major problem with the Hobby Boss one is the roadwheels are not properly offset for its torsion bar suspension.

well ive got all the lower half done and it god its huge the first modern tank i have built and it dwarfs the WWII Armour..hopefully i will get some pics up mon by then it will be nearly built

finally got my camera back so here are a few shots

SAM_2225.jpg
SAM_2227.jpg
SAM_2230.jpg
SAM_2231.jpg

got to fill this gap the rear cargo thingy was bent so fill a way
SAM_2228.jpg
SAM_2229.jpg
SAM_2232.jpg

thanks for looking in

adampolo13 said:
I replied to you color question again in my thread. I hope I've been able to help.
you certainly have and im itching to get to play with my new compressor thanks again buddy for your help

I'm not a fan of HB, after the STRV 122, no strength left me for another HB, I hope you can take a good way, I'm in this job congratulations.

this is my first hb build and there are a few problems already..but ive built worse so far

Aaron Jefick said:
I'm not a fan of HB, after the STRV 122, no strength left me for another HB, I hope you can take a good way, I'm in this job congratulations.

Keep in mind that the Hobby Boss Leopard 2 series was some of the first armor kits they made. They have come a long ways in the 3-4 yrs since they have been released. Most of their new tooled kits are fantastic.

Biggest mistake with the Merk 4 is the suspension being out of alignment, but that is what you get when you try to design a kit going off of photographs and "guessing" on the dimensions and such instead of actually measuring the real vehicle.

However, some of their other kits are just beautiful. Their Dana is an awesome kit, among many of their other newer ones.

Don't judge the whole company, and their abilities based upon one early kit they did early in their existence, if that was the case, then no one would be building Tamiya, or Dragon kits as most of their early armor kits were a dog's breakfast as far as quality.

mine doesn't come close to the other build...its like the first iraq tank war they never stood a chance

Elm City Hobbies said:
Aaron Jefick said:

Keep in mind that the Hobby Boss Leopard 2 series was some of the first armor kits they made. They have come a long ways in the 3-4 yrs since they have been released. Most of their new tooled kits are fantastic.

Biggest mistake with the Merk 4 is the suspension being out of alignment, but that is what you get when you try to design a kit going off of photographs and "guessing" on the dimensions and such instead of actually measuring the real vehicle.

However, some of their other kits are just beautiful. Their Dana is an awesome kit, among many of their other newer ones.

Don't judge the whole company, and their abilities based upon one early kit they did early in their existence, if that was the case, then no one would be building Tamiya, or Dragon kits as most of their early armor kits were a dog's breakfast as far as quality.

What really disappointed me is that despite great things out, and I mean that in some cases is inappropriate, see only a demo, luckily as comets have been careful, but ultimately have their mistakes like everyone, but in the case of ARV and Merkava Mk. LIC IIID, to model and key pieces lacking or poorly developed at the end bill passes, how to make a LIC´s version without the shield plate bottom, is unforgivable. On the other hand there are models that leave you open-mouthed at how well done, is how great the reviews and information available, you can choose the one that suits you, the comment I made specifically seeing the amount of work that I leave the STRV 122, that the final challenge is what lets the good taste, make a great model from a kit rather poor quality.

Happy modeling.

Latest posts

Back