Mercury 9

Thanks guys! And Mike, yes he has gotta go. Right back to the display case he came out of. I am going to spend some serious time with this one today, should get it close to done.

So cool. So, so cool. The lighting is top-notch. I'll catch-up on the video updates for sure.

Great work!!

Thanks, it is near done now. I need about 8 hours more work on it.

a few photos to hold you over:

You can see I have the fence installed:

IMG_1383.JPG

And the last bit of concrete work for the command center:

IMG_1384.JPG

Just a quick teaser, got the Mercury 9 bolted down to the base today. And I have worked out how to feed power to her:

IMG_1409.JPG

This really is coming out great bro... you can tell all the work you're putting into it too. Just one question... where are you gonna put it when it's done? :) Love it!

LrdSatyr8 said:
This really is coming out great bro... you can tell all the work you're putting into it too. Just one question... where are you gonna put it when it's done? :) Love it!

I've got a wet bar in my recreation room that I don't use anymore, it would look great there if you want to drive up to Connecticut with it... please, no bumps on the way! LOL

Seriously John, if it were me, I'd build it into a coffee table!

Thanks all, not sure where it is going to go when done. It will need a display case at the least. That will have to wait until the end of the summer however. So between now and then, I will see what I can do.

I love the coffee table idea I will have to run that past the wife....

Got the Mercury 9 attached to the base and power has been routed from the main buss on the base:

IMG_1422.JPG

IMG_1423.JPG
IMG_1425.JPG

And a close up of the engine for fun:

IMG_1426.JPG

Having an extra week means I can take time and enjoy life tonight.

This is looking so great. Nice solution for hiding the power lines… inside… power lines. ^_^

WOW bro... that looks awesome! Love all the detail work on the lights and gantries you've done. Can't wait to see this thing completed... I have been watching it since you started on it. You should keep the Godzilla in it and then instead of building it into a coffee table... build it into a wet bar! :) Put it in the Mancave! Would really stand out then! What did the wife say about the coffee table idea?

unttld said:
This is looking so great. Nice solution for hiding the power lines… inside… power lines. ^_^

Yeah I thought that was the best idea!

Quaralane said:
Very nicely done with that main power umbilical

Thank you! It was the biggest worry for me with this whole build...

Tanker52 said:
Looks Great!!!

Thanks!

LrdSatyr8 said:
WOW bro... that looks awesome! Love all the detail work on the lights and gantries you've done. Can't wait to see this thing completed... I have been watching it since you started on it. You should keep the Godzilla in it and then instead of building it into a coffee table... build it into a wet bar! :) Put it in the Mancave! Would really stand out then! What did the wife say about the coffee table idea?

I just talked to her about the coffee table Idea and she said I would have to build that table, so I need to come up with a few designs for it. But if not, it will get a custom display case anyway. Too large for our cabinets.

To be honest, it will probably be boxed up for the short term to protect it from dust until I can get a proper display case for it. It will probably get a display table made for it over the summer.

Latest posts

Back