Mercury 9

Great update, John. Good luck with the move. All the best to you and your family.
Can't wait to see the Mercury9 dio done and lit up. Bill
Ps. BSC gift is here, thank you. B.

That door decal looked ridiculously large!

Really sharp work on those windows and good technique. Another video I'll have to remember. :)

For the smaller windows I used the square brass as a punch to get them square. That should be in a later video. Sometime in the next few weeks.

Thanks for the comments!

I can't for the life of me think why anyone would want wood putty that doesn't harden. ???

A few bad purchases there Grendels, what with the decals too. Thanks for reporting on that.

Very interesting solution to the wood putty problem. Looks messy now, hope it sanded down easily enough for you.

:)

I know what you are saying. Why would I want a putty that doesn't cure? It is in the rubbish bin now.

Yes my solution worked fine. In fact you really can't see the seams now.

A putty that doesn't cure is just weird. ::) Great method on the seams John.

Tough break with those after-market decals. Is there anyway you can scan them and resize/reprint on
white decal film??? I'm sure you will find a solution, that's why its called "Modeling" and not "Assembling".
Sorry for your troubles. Keep up the good work. Bill

"Let me at designing those things, I'll tell you where to put the seams." ;D

One of your best quotes there!

That photo etch looks really nice. I'm having real problems with my 1/700 Enterprise cv-6 PE. I think it's aluminium or something really soft. I'll try cutting it on a harder surface, I've only been using my cutting mat.

A soft mat for cutting PE is not good. It just allows the PE to bend and flex while you are trying to cut it. I haven't worked with any that is aluminum based yet, but I have some for this project. I will get to it very soon.

LOL! Thanks, it is the truth, model designers of the past didn't care where the seams went. They are getting better at it.

Good update John.

One side thing I'd wanted to mention is I use an old ceramic bathroom wall tile as a surface to cut my PE on. It was a left over from a bathroom reno project. At about 1500 mm x 1500mm (just under 6" square) it's a nice size to manage on the desk - not taking up too much room.

Jason

JMac said:
Good update John.

One side thing I'd wanted to mention is I use an old ceramic bathroom wall tile as a surface to cut my PE on. It was a left over from a bathroom reno project. At about 1500 mm x 1500mm (just under 6" square) it's a nice size to manage on the desk - not taking up too much room.

Jason

That is a good idea, and probably easier to store than my solution.

Latest posts

Back