M151A2 Hardtop with Trailer

Nice work .i do like that engine ,and the fan does really make a big difference :)

Chris.

After a few more hours of work, I've finished the first PE instruction page (out of 6!!)

One thing that kinda bugged me was there is a cool latch piece on the battery box, which now that the seat is in, is impossible to see. What's the point? lol

Next step is to finish the fills in the engine compartment, then I can assemble the engine and suspension.

Probably won't make too much more progress in the next couple weeks as I have a bunch of Orcs to paint for an upcoming tournament.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool looking model, sounds a lot more fun to paint than orcses. Glad to see I'm not the only one taking advantage of those sweet deals at hobbylobby. Might have to hit it again for cheap models.

That is looking brilliant! Don't ya just love PE. You get that package thinking.. "oh yea, this is going to make my model just pop!"..., and then you see the 4587 parts, and some of them aren't even visible to the naked eye.
Good luck with the rest. Looking great so far.

Ok I can't stop working on this. Lots done, finished the suspension, filled the required areas on the back and got it going. There are low spots on each rear fender that are getting filled as well. Using GW's liquid green stuff for the filling.

Now, seriously, I need to paint Orcs. You can see them in the background... ;D

Finally finished my 1250pt Orc army and spending all last weekend playing games, I have caught up on my wargamming hobby so I jumped back into this tonight.

Finished the dash, the sticks, and the back of the jeep. The wheels are not glued in yet. I realized that there are only 6 tires in the kit so I can't put the spare on the back where one is suppose to go. weird.

Next big steps are doing the windshield, which as a lot of detail on it, and the radios.

I need to figure out how to glue the hardtop together as one piece so it is removable. Might try making the doors open, not sure if I'm ready for something like that quite yet..

Looking great sorien!! The removable roof sound neat!!! Keep it going!!! ;)

Just about done.

Only thing left on the jeep itself is the doors, and there is a LOT of PE for the interior panels.

After that is building the trailer. Has a lot of pe on it as well, but just for things like brackets so all very simple to do.

I've had so many other priority projects I haven't had time to work on this. But I finally got caught up with my warhammer stuff, so tonight I finished the last little bit of this build. Primer and paint very soon.

SORIEN ,

WOW ! I missed this one. Very Cool build ! Great job on your 1st venture into P.E. .... How do you like it ?

Th Jeep is lookin'Great . I dig that trailer !! Cool Stuff !!

I'm lookin forward to th weathering & paint !!

Great job on your 1st venture into P.E. .... How do you like it ?

It was fun to put together, but trying to do more, paint and just generally handling the model seems to guarantee a piece falls off every time. It's not fun.

Yeah, but You'll get th hang of it. I still knock pieces off from time to time .... Hang in there Brotha' !!

Well "completion not perfection" sums up the end result. I just didn't have enough time to devote to it in the end. Also having to sand and re-spray the roof twice from failed camouflage attempts didn't help either. I need to practice that on some scrap...

The decals were horrible. They are very thick and almost completely impervious to micro-sol and micro-set. I had to glue down the edges with PVA to get them to stay in place!

I did some pin washing and shading with a GW black wash, but most of it got covered in pigment. I went with a nice, dirty look to try and break up the big areas of olive drab. Not a lot of color variety in military vehicles, is there?

I also messed up the windshield by getting dul-cote on it. A couple layers of gloss varnish and it's passable, but that is why it looks funny.

Some detail before putting on the roof. It is removable but takes a bit of work to get it on or off. I don't plan on taking it off again..

Nice work Sorien, that turned out fantastic - everything looks nice and dirty, just the way i like it.

Latest posts

Back