M-47 "King Tiger"

fblanton

Some shots of a model I did almost ten years ago. The figure is from Artisan Mori I think and is a close resemblence to Robert Shaw from the 1965 film Battle of the Bulge. The M-47 is the Italleri kit which I think still holds it's own today. Tracks are AFV club. Snow is a mixture of Life Like snow with some Arm and Hammer brand Baking Soda.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
Frank Blanton

IMG_5141.jpg

IMG_5140.jpg

IMG_5144.jpg

Nice job! There is a guy in my club that build "movie" tanks. A lot of people recognize them when displayed for the public. I think they are just plain cool. ;D

Bravo, Mr Blanton ! :D

Excellent , original, & cool idea! The face of the Officer resembles very much the one of the SS Commander (one of the main characters, if I remember well) in the movie!!! You hit the pot... :eek:

This movie was filmed very near where mi father lived (near Guadarrama Sierra, Spain), and I supposed that the tanks used in the film came directly from Armoured Division Nº1 "Brunete" :)

THANKS FOR SHARING...

Cheers/Salud
RG

Oh, I remember that movie. "...obs stürmt oder schneit, ob die Sonne uns lacht..." Hehe!
You also can see the M-47s at "Battle of El Alamein"-Movie :)

Yeah Baby !! Good lookin stuff !! I like everything about it !! That is a sharp lookin' figure ! Great Job on the Snow & those trees are Really Cool too !!

Hello
Great film even better model and dio and yes he looks just like the main bloke

Makes me want to watch the film now

Geegad

Awesome ! I always wondered if this was ever done with models!!! and glad to see it did...
Looks great and brings a lot of memories....

Back then we didn't know any better.... a big tank was a big tank.... right !

Now we see those as huge mistakes....... The story was good !

Thanks for sharing !

Norm.

Prrrrety nice Hollywood King Tiger you got there Frank! And let us not forget Robert Shaw....I mean Col. Hessler! ;)

Latest posts

Back