LEA and Paint?

Fruit

EDIT: Whoops! Can a mod move this to this area? http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/index.php/board,11.0.html
I seem to have experienced a brain fart!

Quick question guys,

I've coated a sheet of paper with Model Master Clear Gloss Laquer straight from the rattle can.
I must have coated the sheet at least 7 times, give or take. The first few coats were absorbed/made
the paper fibers strong, and the last few coats finally appeared on the surface.

What I want to do is put a small amount of Tamiya acrylic paints (brush painted) on top of the lacquer coat, then
after waiting 48 hours, working with pastels to tone the Tamiya acrylics. If I wait a good amount of time,
say, 48 hours to a week, can I apply another coat of Model Master Clear Gloss Lacquer (rattle can)?

I know about LEA and such, and I've read many LEA related forum threads on different forums, and
sometimes I hear about Clear Lacquer coats over acrylics working, and sometimes I hear to stay away from
such an idea.

Ideas?

Well im not sure about how these two mediums will work on paper but I have had success with spraying testors lacquer in between layers of tamiya acrylics on my plastic models. You must wait for each layer to be fully cured or the clear lacquer will eat the paint, at least 48 hours. Try doing a test on some scrap first

Latest posts

Back