Kazon Torpedo model kit & contest entry

cobraleader said:
nice work Just Mike - paint job loos good.

You going to add some black/dark gray chips to replicate damage?

Maybe. I don't know if you can tell but there's simulated wear all over by drybrushing on some steel over the edges of some of the structures.

Try taking it outside during the day time and take you photos there. Good lighting that way.

hey, you're right! Thanks!

ktorp1.jpg

ktorp2.jpg

ktorp3.jpg

ktorp4.jpg

ktorp5.jpg

ktorp6.jpg

ktorp7.jpg

Oh yeah, that looks good Mike. And I thought it looked good indoors!

Sorry to be such an annoying noob with all these questions, but could you explain the dry brushing of the steel? Is that a pigment that you just apply without thinning?

yup. that's essentially it. Just take a little and brush it until there's almost none left and brush in rapid, almost vibrating strokes. I did this just a very little bit on some of the edges.

She is done up just right! So right I had to go track this model down and add it to my stash......

came out real nice mike. you just inspired me to finish mine which has been sitting in a bag for about 6 years. i get what u mean about it being an obscure subject with only being in the one scene in Voyager. However, those often make the best models after all how many times can you see a 1701 done. something different is always good. nice work.

looks like I won't be entering this one either. I ran out of Yamiya dark yellow and the retailer is out. I can't mail order any in time.

Come on! Enter it anyway!

The goal of this Contest isn't Perfection! But completion!
The journey from the Box to the shelf!

Make sure you have 5 pictures of it. You never know? The stars could be on your side?

Just saying!

Norm's got a good point here, Mike.
And what you'd gotten done did look pretty good.

I think it looks sharp. I have to agree with the other guys you should enter it.

Latest posts

Back