Just two unusual sculptures

Jelly

Rob. G.
Good afternoon :)

Let me show you two unusual and very nice (at least for me) sculptures placed in the Entrance Hall of the “Oceanográfic” Aquatic Life Park in Valencia (Spain).

I have some photos from a visit that my wife & me paid to the Oceanográfic last January, here are a “couple” of those pictures.

Those scuptures are made with recycled material… there was also an entire sculpture made with flip-flops found in the beaches… but I don´t have the photos!

Here they go. I find them very original and nice.

P1010016.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010014.jpg

P1010013.jpg

Hope you like it.
Cheers
RG

this is very much like modeling in its own right, i mean, your taking scrap peaces of wood or metal or what have you, and putting it together, to make it look like something neat, like the horses head made of scrap peaces of wood, or that metal fish!

Only as modelers, we can manipulate the plastic (or other material) quite alot. These artists look like they must go through so many different pieces until they find the right shape. Then they have to convince us, the observer, that what we're seeing isn't just a bunch of random pieces of wood, but a horse.

Thanks for sharing Jelly. Really interesting stuff. :)

Igard said:
Thanks for sharing Jelly. Really interesting stuff. :)

Whiskee, Igard, & all the Co... a pleasure, mates :)

Spud: I´m thinking in getting there by night with a large van and pick the big tuna and to place it in my bathroom ;D ;D

LOL make sure you video it and call it the SMA Heist!!

Latest posts

Back