Compressor configuration for two benches

CY343491

Hi all,
I'm using Fengda FD AS-18A compressor, bought it for very cheap price, it works very stable, has a compact size and vibrationless.
It has it's own regulator on it.
I have two spray benches, one have a regulator hanger which eases to adjust and see pressure level when painting, on the other bench i don't have a hanger which i put compressor on my bench.
How can i use both of my two benches? I don't want to disassemble my compressor's own regulator, do you think will it work when i adjust compressor's regulator to max. pressure if i use it with external regulator? I mostly use 20-30 PSI and compressor's max. pressure is about 50 PSI. How can i easily bypass compressor's regulator without disassembling, i think it's the best way to bypass the internal regulator somehow?

Hi all,
I'm using Fengda FD AS-18A compressor, bought it for very cheap price, it works very stable, has a compact size and vibrationless.
It has it's own regulator on it.
I have two spray benches, one have a regulator hanger which eases to adjust and see pressure level when painting, on the other bench i don't have a hanger which i put compressor on my bench.
How can i use both of my two benches? I don't want to disassemble my compressor's own regulator, do you think will it work when i adjust compressor's regulator to max. pressure if i use it with external regulator? I mostly use 20-30 PSI and compressor's max. pressure is about 50 PSI. How can i easily bypass compressor's regulator without disassembling, i think it's the best way to bypass the internal regulator somehow?
Not really sure what you're trying to explain. Maybe some photos would help.
Pantherman

You're feeding a regulator with regulated air ?
Or ,
you're supplying air to a common header using 2 compressors , each with their own regulator ?
If the latter , then the air compressor with the higher setpoint will be doing all the work .

I have a regulator on my compressor which i don't want to disassemble, and i have a discrete regulator on my spray booth. What if i adjust my first regulator to 50 PSI and adjust my second regulator about 20-30 PSI?

Yes .
That is how regulators work .
No explosions .
No time travel .
No cosmic instabilities .
Can't be sure about the appearance of the screaming woman though . Hard to prevent that .

okokokok-clapping.gif

Everything works ok but pressure drops so slowly(, which makes compressor work repeadetly, when i turn off my compressor pressure goes to zero by morning. i have teflon tapes on all my connections except hose connections, there's no leakeage in any connection no leakage sound, searched with soapy water, also searched with leak detection spray, i'm sure that ther's no leakage on lines, there's a QR adapter on my AB hose which didn't connected to AB, so there can't be any leak on AB too. I don't know how can i solve it.

Compressor setup.JPG

Last edited:
If you're losing air it's going somewhere .
Find it !

what kind of compressor ?

Did you check the compressor for leaks ?
Now i connecected AB hose directly to compressor, run it, manometer shows 55 PSI, i'll turn it off overnight and look for pressure by morning, i hope that there's no problem on my tank, welding can be considered or replacement can be considered at worst scenario. Do you think that two component epoxy glue can withstand 55 PSI ? If there's a hole in a tank it must be a tiny one, because pressure drops in very long time periods.

My compressor has an outer case, disassembled case, there' no drain valve but i've found out that solenoid connection was so loose, applied teflon tape and tightened, i hope that it's the main problem.

Air tank with no drain valve ?
solenoid ? The pressure switch ?
You mean drain valve which the part you manually relief pressure in tank? It's not a must on AB compressors in my opinion, air can be discharged by water seperapors' valve or the hose can be seperated. As i said my compressor has an outer protective case, you must disassemble it to see it's inner parts, if there's a drain valve you can't use it.
By solenoid i mean pressure switch, tanks for correction, it's some kind of bad technical talking habit.

Latest posts

Back