Jagdpanzer IV Fest WIP

No progress Adam
My brother is in the hospital and we might have to leave at a moments notice and
go to Memphis.

Sorry
Tony lee

Nice group of Tank Killers you have so far, Tony.
Sorry to hear about your brother, I hope everything works out.
Bill

Sorry to here about your brother!! :( The big guns are looking great!!

Terry

Howdy Folks
Since my brother's brain tumor is benign if you haven't heard, maybe we can get back to normal around here tomorrow starting with Light and Shadows Ardennes scheme on the L/70(V).

100_1317.jpg

Panzerace said if you used the AKI Disc stencils the paint job would look just great even applied with your eyes closed.
I know he lives north of the Mason/Dixon line so i'll use caution and maybe only close one eye. ;D

See You Then
Tony lee

Tony lee said:
Panzerace said if you used the AKI Disc stencils the paint job would look just great even applied with your eyes closed.
I know he lives north of the Mason/Dixon line so i'll use caution and maybe only close one eye. ;D

See You Then
Tony lee

Ummm .... I live in th Capitol of th Confederacy( Richmond,V.A. ) .... That's South of th Mason/Dixon Brotha' ! ;D I almost got offended ... ;D

@ GEE - Check out this recent Review -

Ok... could not hear the Audio at work... so I have a question !

are those Mask.. Kit relevant ??? meaning pre cut to a Panther or Tiger or... what ever tank ???

cuz... why have peices you must superimpose ? to make the full length ?? hard to match the pattern...

I am not putting the product down !!! Au Contraire !

I want to try it but would like to find out if I can HAVE larger pieces off that large sheet !!

once again... I could not hear the audio at work.....so I may have missed that ??

Hog it is not tank specific. There are four strips I would call stencils, three= 7/8 X 5 and 1/4 inches and one that is 3/8ths x 5 1/4 inches of disc for use with the cloud pattern.

I think I read that at the factory these stencils were just 3 x 4 ft cardboard stencils that the painter sprayed and then moved over and repeated over and over and didn't particularly try to match up to the last painted panel and were a little on what you would call the sloppy side.

The idea was to replicate the look of sun shining through foliage.

HTH
Tony lee

SCHWEINHUND227 ,

Fire away with th questions -

1) No they are not Kit relavent. They are strips that will work on any Kit as long as it's 1/35th scale. The strips are not cut to fit any particular part of the Panzer. You get 5 strips , more than enough to do a Kamph Grouppe ! ;D They are reusable so they will Virtually last a life time .

2) The strips are easy to place & because it is a stencil ( They really used stencils on th real Vehicles at the Factories) it's really hard to mess up the pattern. It's easy to piece together th Camo scheme. No worries about tryin to Match . It's randomness really aides in this/ Just mask off parts that th stencil doesn't cover with some very Lo-Tac tape & your rockin' !! From My use of the Stencil .. It's not hard at all to match th pattern.

3) I would like to say that the only relevance that these stencils have is that They are specifically a Disc Camo , not to be confused with the "Dot" scheme that was seen prior in the Battle field on other Panzers in th Ardennes . They are specific to the Panthers that were produced by Daimler ~Benz & M.N.H. factories in th latter part of '44. This scheme can also be seen on the Jagd-Panzers in the Ardennes (like the one TONY is modeling in this thread) and a few STUG IV's on th Eastern front. If you get th Supplemental set - DPC-35 you can take the circles that are left behind on th backing sheet to replicate the Cloud pattern( as seen in the review video) seen on a lot of the Jd.Panzer 38 ( Hetzer) & on some of the STUG IV's on th Eastern Front.

These stencils can also be used for any Mech. Suit .. add different colors etc. IT's wide open on that respect !

It's all Good .. Ask away ..

TONY .... ;D Sorry to Hi-Jack th thread .. Just wanted to fully explain th stencils !! ;D Would you expect anything less from a Rebel !! ;D

TONY ,

I'm lookin forward to seein this decked out it th Disc Camo !!

\m/

Erik when I wrote that about the Mason/Dixon line I had both you and Iain on what little mind I have left after the brother crisis.
Break in anytime the door is never locked. ;)

Tony lee ;D

TONY ,

It's all good Brotha' !! I'll send up a Flare when I'm in th Neighborhood !! I'm glad to hear that your brother is doin' better !!

Although .... when I read that , I thought I was gonna have to run over to Your neck of th woods ..

Outlaw Josey Wales: Missouri Boat Ride

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

'Ya finished on that Jagd-Panzer yet ??

;D \m/

Latest posts

Back