Jagdpanzer E 100

Your idea of Gun Support / Limiter is a good idea !!! find the one for the JagdTiger... it fold in two !!!

so it doesn't take too much space on the Glacis !!!

I did a Cast once and put it on my Night Fighter MAuS ! worked like a charm !

Good luck with the Welds... Take your time... its starting to Shape up really Nice !!!

Norm.

OUt !

So, big day today. The Jagdpanzer finally got some legs to stan... Erhhh... Tracks to drive on...

As I said earlier, I had originally intended to keep the road wheels and tracks off until I had painted the tank. But now it seems I've gotten to a point where I need to think about mounting the track-guards so they can become involved in the detailing of the superstructure. And once they're on it's going to be a pain in the behind to work with the track. So, new plan: mount the track on the bottom of the chassis, but keep the superstructure separate until painted.

Yeah, I so got a plan... Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight...

My only real problem right now is to get those * biiiiiiiiiiiiiib * tracks glued together. The manual says that normal plastic glue can be used. Something which I was somewhat doubtful about as I can recall all the trouble I had with rubber tracks in my youth. And sure enough... The tracks just don't want to stay together - no matter how much glue I put on...

Bugger...

You will get those tracks sorted out, with all the other work you have done on this, I know you can do it. Everything looks good so far!

Yeah ! This thing is really hoppin' !! Great Build. I like those Weld seams !
Give those trax a swift kick in th .... Cleats ! You'll beat 'em !!

Rock-On !!

Things are starting to come together. Some of them, anyway...

No, I still haven't gotten the tracks on. I've tried a handful of different glues, nothing worked. I'm down, but I ain't beat just yet...

To distract myself a bit I've returned to the front of the tank where a few changes has taken place. The drivers view-port is now in place, the gunners periscope has been moved slightly further back, a range-finder has been added to the top of the casemate, and the basic components of the gun travel limiter is now in place - as is the mantel and barrel.

Just a question.... are you gonna Beef up the Gun Support ? I am just asking... looks a little small ?
or the Gun Clamp at the top looks a little too Big for the rest of your support ! Just saying...

don't take it the wrong way !!! its not my intent ! The overall Look of the beast is quite striking !!!

I could believe the German would have made one... or more... even if only a prototype... that would be
pretty impressive to be next to one !!!

Good luck !!!

schweinhund227 said:
Just a question.... are you gonna Beef up the Gun Support ? I am just asking... looks a little small ?
or the Gun Clamp at the top looks a little too Big for the rest of your support ! Just saying...

don't take it the wrong way !!! its not my intent ! The overall Look of the beast is quite striking !!!

I could believe the German would have made one... or more... even if only a prototype... that would be
pretty impressive to be next to one !!!

Good luck !!!

There's still a lot of details to be added to the travel limiter. I need to sculpt a lock and some nuts'n'bolts on the top and the bottom need some serious beefing with plast-card to bring it in-line with the look of the top. In addition, I need to make some hinges to hide the connection to the chassis itself.
But right now I'm letting it sit until the glue has dried completely, hopefully locking the barrel in place for good...

Am I allowed to swear and curse on this forum? 'Cause I sure feel like it...

I just spend several unpleasant hours, using needle and thread to put my tracks together and getting them sown onto the model. Man, my back's killing me...

But, finally, the tracks are on. And if you look to the far left in the picture you might notice that I've also begun bulking the lower parts of the gun travel limiter out.

That was the good news. The bad news is that my boss is sending me on a seminar next week. Which is actually good as I need to upgrade my skill-set. Unfortunately, it's all happening a bit too fast so I'll be joining the seminar at part two out of three so I need to spend the whole extended weekend reading up on the material from part one. Which doesn't really suit me at all as I thought I'de have three long days to get my E 100 ready for painting.

Sigh...

Ah well... Perhaps it'll do me good to get away from it. It's just been standing there on my table, taunting me (along with the KV-2) and I must admit that I'm running out of steam pretty fast. Or perhaps I should rather say "inspiration"... I'm pretty much just making it up as I go along, but I'm almost out of ideas and the build is nowhere near being finished...

If I hadn't had a deadline I would probably have put it away for a few months and then returned to look at it with fresh eyes. But that just won't do in this case...

Man, just listen to me whining and moaning...

I should probably just call it an early night and get some shut-eye. Tomorrow's gonna be a long day. I've got two customers screaming bloody murder (They always do... Look, writing and modifying software just takes the time it takes, ok?), a boss who wants a status-report, and I've promised to go to the movies with an old buddy from uni and we'll probably have a dinner and a few drinks as well...

Busy, busy, busy...

Latest posts

Back