"It's Mine Now!!!" - Dragon Sd.Kfz.10/5....sort of

Thanks you very much gentlemen and you are most welcome. ;D I am mounting the door soon. I will try and get some pics up!!

Thank you for sharing this. I will have a use for it in a future build. My current build is 1/350 scale and if I attempt it there, no one would be able to tell if I did.....

Thanks and your welcome G!! Hope it helps!! Think your right, the 1/350 is a tough bid for cracked paint....never know until you try!! ;D

Thanks ER!! Have at it buddy!!

Thank you Lukasz!! Appreciate it!! ;)

Moving forward...........THE WEEKEND FOLKS!!!! :eek:

OK back to reality. I have a couple minutes before heading out to another of my daughter's softball games tonight.

Hanging the door!!!

007-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

013.jpg

010-1.jpg

The hinge is a couple pieces of PE Tree and some 1/16" rod stock. LOL, and yes, the door will be hanging just as it is!!! Broken and half off!!!

Installed the hardware next....

017-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

013-1.jpg

And that is the door!! On to the window next ans some more siding.

Thank you as always for playing and come by soon again!!! ;D

hmm i see a problem with the door.. the chippy would want to be found and shot! :p

other than that Looks Awsome :)

Wow what incredible work. Do I sense a bit of Rail Roading in your past? Lionel, perhaps American Flyer?

Thanks Spud!! ;D

Thanks John!!!

Hey Neo!! Glad you could make it!! Thanks BTW!! ;)

LOL..thanks for asking Roy! Two small pieces of PE tree cut to small rectangles and then drill the holes. !/16 brass rod cut to the same length as the PE "plates"I cut. Rolled the rod under the #11 blade to give the impression of the barrel joints on the hinges...then glued with some CA!

Thanks Glorfindel!! LOL...no not much conducting past eight years old!! I would kill to have a pile of those old Lionel's now though !! :eek:

Thanks for hanging in there guys!! ;)

The door looks good T. But I thought you were a cabinet maker or carpenter or something. I thought you'd know how to fix something like that? ;D

LOL...thanks Matt!! Yup, finish carpentry contracting....I do laugh a lot while I pout this stuff together! ;D Think my wife thinks I am mad! I will space out thinking at the table and then snicker...that one get's me the crooked eyebrow!! ::)

Hey it looks great man.
Just one thing. Where do you want to set this scene? US or Europe?
Cause if you want to set it in Europe then those net doors aren’t common and they are rather rare and hard to find.
Cheers

Hey Lukasz! Thanks for hanging out!!

Umm..I think there is rarely a definition of actually where and when most things I do are depicted. I am thinking old farm house/barn sometime post battle/war somewhere from Europe to Russia down to the Med. With such the wide open possibility give the openness to interpretation I think. Just the fun of creating and building. I will leave the interpretation of placement to everyone else! ;D

Thanks buddy!! ;)

Latest posts

Back