"It's Mine Now!!!" - Dragon Sd.Kfz.10/5....sort of

Im already amaze with your jumping jack ability lol
I guess im stuck again to work on longer hours again,
can't wait to go back on the bench.

Wonder if that building is built Up to Code ??? LOL

nice going by the way !!!

love your Use of the AKi products.... nice idea !!!

Keep up the good work coming !

OMG! :eek:
That's just incredible!
Don't tell us You're going to tear apart our brains with some sujper-extremely-uber detailed mega awesome job like last year, T!
Lol ;D
Just joking, buddy, I'm expecting nothing less from You, and You prov my expectations to be true with each new update.
Bravo!

Somehow I missed parts of this. Frame work is nice, and the Dio category just got quite a bit harder.....

Which makes me happy! It isn't a contest if there isn't competition.

Nice woodwork T ! , cant wait to see the dio ,The Sd looks awesome buddy ;)

Chris.

Thank you Roy!!! ;)

Thanks Norm!! LOL...Pretty close but I don't remember CA in the Massachusetts Code book about framing!!

Thanks Sol!! lol...having fun buddy!! Wish I knew where I was going on this but that is fun too....not knowing!! ;D

Thanks G! In the spirit of competition...you have it right!!! Amazing amount of build going on!!! Still trying to play catch-up to all of them!!!

Thanks Chris!! Appreciate you stopping by!!!

A little bit more.....sneaking some things on the bench in between softball games , works and Life!!!

I began some exterior finish.

024.jpg

Nates1stgame034.jpg

004.jpg

010.jpg

014-1.jpg

More to come soon...

More softball games tomorrow, more cold sandwiches on the ball field, more crazy parents, bad calls......wouldn't miss it for the world!! ;)

Thanks for having a LQQY!!

Omg, that so realistic looking chipped paint on the door corners. :eek:
OMG, a tiny mosquito - net!! :eek: :eek:
OMG, A MEGA TINY DOOR HANDER!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Man, You're crazy (in a good sense) ;D
I'm taking my hat off, this is amazing!

LOL...Thanks very much Sol!!! You may find this interesting...or maybe not!! ::)

OK Figured I would toss this up. I was asked about the technique and in the interest of the hobby and having fun I will oblige.

SBS on the chipped/cracking wood: A little how to on this...

4-8-12005.jpg

I started with some cheap Balsa. I had some lying around.

001.jpg

I am going to show the siding as well as what is happening to the door in this. So here is the door too.

008.jpg

Now for starters, I used K4 washes as a base on this. You can use AK or even your own oil washes as a base, like a Payne Grey or Burnt Sienna. I applied the wash not unlike a stain.

006.jpg

After setting up some testing strips I tried out several acrylics to see which preformed better or if there were a difference at all.

009.jpg

The door...

016-1.jpg

First step after staining the wood, is I applied a coat of white spirits to the piece. This needs to be damp for this to work (from what I am finding out).

011.jpg

Next I set forth the application of different acrylics.

016.jpg

017.jpg

For the door, I went with a multiple layer approach on this and started with some craft blue.

018-1.jpg

This is the interesting part. By firmly pressing the freshly painted but just dried side down onto some ordinary masking tape.

023.jpg

021-1.jpg

The remove quickly...

027.jpg

A nicely chipped painted surface, with a nice bit of the under coloring showing through. Each piece of siding is getting this treatment...one at a time.

Nates1stgame036.jpg

The door on the other hand, after the tape, went right to another layer. This time some Tamiya Deck Tan.

023-1.jpg

More Tape.

025-1.jpg

A quick wash...

029-1.jpg

And this is what you get.

031-1.jpg

Hope you find this helpful in someway. Off to another game and I might squeeze in some time on the bench late tonight!!

Thanks for hanging out!!

Latest posts

Back