"It's Mine Now!!!" - Dragon Sd.Kfz.10/5....sort of

Another small update for today. Not much work this weekend, due to Kids game schedule and a little wok at my Dad's, but it is something.

I managed to install a window.

002.jpg

008-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-2.jpg

After the window, I was able to hammer out some of the siding and begin framing the roof.

001-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

Tonight I might try and get some of the roofing substrate on and move onto other details soon!! ;)

As always I appreciate the company!! ;D

Thanks Spud!!! ;)
Thanks Roy....used to and still dabble a bit now and then!! ;D

Either he's using his shrinking ray gun again or he's using Magic dust!
beetlejuice.jpg
Great update mate.

LOL...that is twisted!!! One of the funniest parts though!!! Thanks John!! Appreciate it!! ;D

Got yer house built yet ?? ..watch out for the big bad wolf he'll huff and he'll puff .... ;D ;D

LOL...thanks for popping in my friend! Still looking for the 3 little pigs :eek: Trying to get the motor running here!~!

Thanks for checking in ER...I like that one...Grimm Tiger!!! Like the Big Bad Wolf of Tanks!!

Not much to report other than I am off my game in plastic land. The mojo is hurting a bit due to too many things going on recently. Holding it together just the same, went out and swung the golf club a bit to clear the cobwebs! Enough of that Poo and here is some pics...

001-3.jpg

I ran some horizontal planking first (not seen) and started to make some roof panels. Picked up some extra thick Aluminum foil from work and doctored up some Lap-seam panels.

005-3.jpg

009-1.jpg

014-4.jpg

018-2.jpg

This is just after giving the panels the treatment. A little etching solution to weather them up a bit before installation. As you can see in the last picture above, the panels appear to be just blackened. After drying some natural rusting pigment show up.

PLEASE NOTE: I am using a PCB Etching solution. These chemicals are dangerous and can be harmful if used incorrectly. I have taken the time to learn all the dos and don'ts when using this product and have read the MSDS (SDS) (Material Safety Data Sheet) and I use all necessary PPE (Personal Protection Equipment), like safety glasses, gloves and plenty of ventilation. This is a similar solution used by the Photo Etching Companies to make PE Add-on sheets. Some really great stuff and even fun to use...when used with caution and safety!

Back to the build!

019.jpg

020.jpg

Thinking they will pass. After I took the pics today, I added a quick filter to some spots and the entire roof. I need to finish the top rows of siding and I may pop on a fascia board as well. Got a ways to go on this but it is moving forward.

Thanks for keeping me company!! ;)

nice idea to get the galvanisined roof T its looking very cool now

Latest posts

Back