Italeri 1/48 MV-22 Osprey

Medicman71

So I thought i'd show my first build in over 20+ years. I've always thought that the Osprey was cool so I had to do one. This is the Italeri US Marine version. There's a lot of things that had to be changed or added to make it as close as I can to the operational versions. I scratchbuilt the flaps down as when the Osprey is parked, the flaps are always dropped. I also added to the interior cargo area and the exaust of the engines. I also used Royal Resin wheels and Flying Leathernecks Decals. I finished her just in time for the Houston IPMS show this year in April.

Osprey-WIP-101.jpg

Osprey-WIP-102.jpg

Osprey-WIP-103.jpg

Here's a couple of pics of the Osprey at the Houston IPMS show. Didn't win but it was still a lot of fun (and work since i'm a member of the club).

CIMG1776.jpg

CIMG1777.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Good work on the Osprey. I recently saw one up close at an air show in Tampa. This is an impressive aircraft. nicely done

Winning is only an added bonus... you still got a great work on the osprey :)

Thanks everyone. I wasn't worried about winning. I was thrilled that the Osprey came out as well as it did considering I hadn't build one in forever.

schweinhund227 said:
Nicely Done !!!! She is a Big Gal ! in 48th Love the Low Vis decals !! Awesome work !

Thanks guys. The decals are from Flying Leathernecks and they are awesome!! There were 5-6 different options and enough decals to do two aircraft. They also came with a walkaround CD.

Latest posts

Back