It begins! (Again)

ClumsyModeler

Hello all!

My name's Jon, and I'm an addict. My drug of choice is styrene, sometimes followed up with a hit of vinyl or resin. My typical dealers are on Sci-Fi Drive, Automotive Way and Aircraft Blvd. I'm thinking about scoping out Armor Lane and Helo Parkway for a new high.

I've been "clean" for about 6 years now, but the addiction is too much to handle. I've got my touch-n-flow filled and my airbrush pressurized. :D

In all seriousness, I've been out of the game for a bit longer than I wanted to be. I picked up a cheap kit off eBay to screw up, one I have no emotional attachment to. I usually have a pretty big problem with starting and not finishing a kit due to some wicked OCD - it has to be right. I'm working on getting control over it, and coming to grips with the fact my current skill level isn't high enough to make a "perfect" kit.

Anyways, glad to be here.

Welcome to SMA.

ClumsyModeler said:
I usually have a pretty big problem with starting and not finishing a kit due to some wicked OCD - it has to be right. I'm working on getting control over it, and coming to grips with the fact my current skill level isn't high enough to make a "perfect" kit.

Here's what I've discovered. Forget perfect...it's a lie. It's a lie that keeps you from growth. It's a lie that is used to frusterate and discourage you...a lie that hopefully spills over into other things in life. A lie that aims to make you compare yourself to others, a lie that wants you to fail.

Build it. Finish it. Learn. Move on to the next. That's the only, I repeat only way.

Welcome. Make yourself at home.

Scott Girvan said:
Build it. Finish it. Learn. Move on to the next. That's the only, I repeat only way.

^ this

Scott Girvan said:
Welcome to SMA.

Here's what I've discovered. Forget perfect...it's a lie. It's a lie that keeps you from growth. It's a lie that is used to frusterate and discourage you...a lie that hopefully spills over into other things in life. A lie that aims to make you compare yourself to others, a lie that wants you to fail.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, and the welcomes. I'm trying to get "better" and I'm thinking my models will be a good way to do it. I'll be making a thread on my first build in the Sci-Fi section after I get home from picking up the necessary supplies to get started. :)

Welcome!! And as the others have said I dont think there is a 'perfect kit', and good start by the way, cant go wrong with Star Wars ;D I'm a little partial to it myself lol :p

lol welcome, i never aim for perfection but i like to try and improve each time i build and i think im getting there. im not up to kens level but in my mind i like to think im better........(NOT) but i can dream :)

Good to have you, clumsy.
Now, as to the perfection thing. Well, I think our founder put it best.

"The goal is completion, not perfection."

Do the best you can, and learn from it for the next one.

ClumsyModeler said:
Hello all!

My name's Jon, and I'm an addict. My drug of choice is styrene, sometimes followed up with a hit of vinyl or resin. My typical dealers are on Sci-Fi Drive, Automotive Way and Aircraft Blvd. I'm thinking about scoping out Armor Lane and Helo Parkway for a new high.

Creative phrasing ;D

Welcome!

Speaking of your YouTube channel, I have to check it out this weekend. I've been doing a majority of my internet browsing on my old Ubuntu laptop, and it has a hard time with the old 'Tubes. Man I love learning and doing research. :)

ClumsyModeler said:
Speaking of your YouTube channel, I have to check it out this weekend. I've been doing a majority of my internet browsing on my old Ubuntu laptop, and it has a hard time with the old 'Tubes. Man I love learning and doing research. :)

Feel free to do so, I have over 200 videos up. Most of it is Sci Fi.

Grendels said:
ClumsyModeler said:

Feel free to do so, I have over 200 videos up. Most of it is Sci Fi.

ive no interest in sci fi kits but he does them so good ya have to watch.. its like one of them shows you have no interest in but you keep watching it ;D

Thanks spud, glad to see I can keep peoples interest outside my area. Soon I will do a few non-Sci fi kits. I really need to stop picking on stinkers with the seams.

Latest posts

Back