Hello.....Again?

Myke

Hello old friends. It's been several years since I have been on this forum. I think I'm one of the OGs from when Scott first launched SMA. I can still smell the Tamiya Extra Thin cement and Testors Model Masters Enamels. Of course life changes and and interests move around so I got out of the hobby for a long time. I sold some models but ended up rooting around what was left in the stash over the holidays, and ended up constructing (no paint or anything) 2 armored vehicles, a Gundam figure, a Storm Trooper, a 1/48 scale A6M2 and a 1/32 scale F-16. It all came back to me pretty easy and I think I'm ready to fire the airbrush back up and restock some weather materials to see what I can create.
The more I was building the more I remembered what got me back into the hobby some 12 years ago. It was Scott, SMA, and mostly this forum. So I took a trip down memory lane and read some of my old threads, looked up some old YT videos from Scott, Ken, Quarlane, Bad Grendals, Scale Model Medic and the list goes on. The people here were nothing short of phenomenal. On an internet full of controversy and contention, you could post anything, ask any question, and everyone was 100% supportive and positive. I don't ever recall a single time I read something negative on here. You were free to make mistakes and admit defeat. Its was the first time I embraced progress over perfection. I can only assume it is the same way now as I have wandered through recent posts of builds.
I am not sure if I'll post a build log anytime soon, or throw up any YT videos, but I'll make sure to drop by and check out all the great work everyone is doing. I'm still very much inspired by everyone's work and glad to see the forum is still alive and active.
Take care and all the best!
Myke

Hello old friends. It's been several years since I have been on this forum. I think I'm one of the OGs from when Scott first launched SMA. I can still smell the Tamiya Extra Thin cement and Testors Model Masters Enamels. Of course life changes and and interests move around so I got out of the hobby for a long time. I sold some models but ended up rooting around what was left in the stash over the holidays, and ended up constructing (no paint or anything) 2 armored vehicles, a Gundam figure, a Storm Trooper, a 1/48 scale A6M2 and a 1/32 scale F-16. It all came back to me pretty easy and I think I'm ready to fire the airbrush back up and restock some weather materials to see what I can create.
The more I was building the more I remembered what got me back into the hobby some 12 years ago. It was Scott, SMA, and mostly this forum. So I took a trip down memory lane and read some of my old threads, looked up some old YT videos from Scott, Ken, Quarlane, Bad Grendals, Scale Model Medic and the list goes on. The people here were nothing short of phenomenal. On an internet full of controversy and contention, you could post anything, ask any question, and everyone was 100% supportive and positive. I don't ever recall a single time I read something negative on here. You were free to make mistakes and admit defeat. Its was the first time I embraced progress over perfection. I can only assume it is the same way now as I have wandered through recent posts of builds.
I am not sure if I'll post a build log anytime soon, or throw up any YT videos, but I'll make sure to drop by and check out all the great work everyone is doing. I'm still very much inspired by everyone's work and glad to see the forum is still alive and active.
Take care and all the best!
Myke
Hi Mike.
Pantherman

Welcome back to the Herd, Myke! I'm one of those old Nerd Herd crew, too. Some of them are still around, though not too active recently. It's nice to see you back!

It might seem like some things haven't changed, though-my USS Pennsylvania build is stuck right where it was when you were last here. :D

Best regards,
Brad

Latest posts

Back