Is it the weekend yet?

DevilDustDog

Ah, it always is for me. Hello there from Long Island. Im probably another guy, and just a regular one, that built models as a kid and drifted away from it because of the life of too many distractions. Now I have none, not even the wife. Sounds like a poem. Its funny, I got this itch sometime in the winter. I have a nice hobby shop near me which actually be the same one from when I was I kid, just moved a bit. I was impressed with the quality of models now, and I wonder if they were this much back in the early 70's/80's. Didn't seem like it. Kids didn't have platic then. I never did. But again, I liked the variety and quality. Soo, Im in. I just bought an airbrush, vacuume work station, a bunch of paints and have started acquiring a bunch of cars. A Z28 Camro from each year of the first gen. My dream car. Revell has a sale on Shelby Cobras on their site so I grabbed one of those. I'd also like to get another car to pay tribute to one grandfather who sponsored a stock car at one time, and nice B-17 to pay tribute to my other who was a tail gunner during WW2. He was shot down but lived. Other than that, think I'll just focus on vintage cars. I like these Chevy gassers that are out now. I'll buy a few of those and let the imagination run wild with painting. So that's how I'll spend this winter unless its a nice global warming one. But I'm actually looking forward to testing myself with how detailed I can get at this point in my life, adding engine wiring and so forth. Maybe paint on the racing stripes. I also look forward to be able to post pics on here as well.
Thats my story.
And by the way, this is the only social media avenue Im on. No interest in anything else.

Ah, it always is for me. Hello there from Long Island. Im probably another guy, and just a regular one, that built models as a kid and drifted away from it because of the life of too many distractions. Now I have none, not even the wife. Sounds like a poem. Its funny, I got this itch sometime in the winter. I have a nice hobby shop near me which actually be the same one from when I was I kid, just moved a bit. I was impressed with the quality of models now, and I wonder if they were this much back in the early 70's/80's. Didn't seem like it. Kids didn't have platic then. I never did. But again, I liked the variety and quality. Soo, Im in. I just bought an airbrush, vacuume work station, a bunch of paints and have started acquiring a bunch of cars. A Z28 Camro from each year of the first gen. My dream car. Revell has a sale on Shelby Cobras on their site so I grabbed one of those. I'd also like to get another car to pay tribute to one grandfather who sponsored a stock car at one time, and nice B-17 to pay tribute to my other who was a tail gunner during WW2. He was shot down but lived. Other than that, think I'll just focus on vintage cars. I like these Chevy gassers that are out now. I'll buy a few of those and let the imagination run wild with painting. So that's how I'll spend this winter unless its a nice global warming one. But I'm actually looking forward to testing myself with how detailed I can get at this point in my life, adding engine wiring and so forth. Maybe paint on the racing stripes. I also look forward to be able to post pics on here as well.
Thats my story.
And by the way, this is the only social media avenue Im on. No interest in anything else.
Hi and welcome to the forum. Pantherman

Welcome!!!!! Dig deep into older posts for advice and solutions.
Post some pictures as you go, get stuck? Just ask.

Latest posts

Back