ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

Thank you for the compliments, guys, much appreciated :)
Today I feel myself like a building machine ;D
Got some more modeling in the evening, and made the deflector domes (information on the varies, and soe consider those spheres radars, but let them be deflectors at least for now))) and the sensor array.

I'm amazed at how much effort you've put into this so far. Why the different color plastic for all the bits on the hull - different thicknesses come in different size or just buying from multiple sources?

Those bits you added to the front and back of the sensor array - you might want to run a sanding stick over them to level them out.

Thank You, Ziz!
The different color of plastic is for different thicknesses, all the sheets are produced by Evergreen.
As for the sanding stick run - done :)

Amazing, Sol! Great job. You've been so patient with it and it's gonna pay off massively!

Awesome detailing in this.
You'd swear it's a MUCH larger model than it is

Wow looking great just looked through the entire thread.....
still looking forward to some primer! ;D

Hell of details. You did it! Nice job on that details. I have one recommendation. You shoud add some details on the roof and neck of the command structure. There is a big difference between the lower and upper command area. Add some greeblies and the look will be perfect.

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, guys!

Chiefpettyofficer, I would certainly follow your advice. The detailing in those areas, as well as on the whole of the ship is not yet 100 percent complete. I want to drill all the holes for fiber optics first, in order not to crush details on the extentioned areas while that process.

Solander said:
Thank you very much for your wonderful comments, guys!

Chiefpettyofficer, I would certainly follow your advice. The detailing in those areas, as well as on the whole of the ship is not yet 100 percent complete. I want to drill all the holes for fiber optics first, in order not to crush details on the extentioned areas while that process.

Aha, Im still waiting for the finished ISD. I catched some ideas because I have one in my scrap box, waiting to get finished. I sanded it down, some Months ago. That was a really messy job... :-X

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Aha, Im still waiting for the finished ISD. I catched some ideas because I have one in my scrap box, waiting to get finished. I sanded it down, some Months ago. That was a really messy job... :-X

Indeed. Took me a majority of time and sand-paper plus to that..)

Alright guys. Can't actually believe it myself!.. The moment we all have been waiting for!...
This babe has finally got her priming coat!! ;D
(Deeply sorry for the bad "mobile quality" of the pics. Found that my camera's batteries were empty seconds before taking photos, but couldn't wait sharing this with you :))

Also I've drilled something around of a thousand holes for future windows. If only I manage to plug an optical fiber in each one of them, that would be looking just as right as I imagine it. Unfortunately those holes are barely visible because of the black primer and bad pictures quality. I promise to take better photos as soon as the camera charges up ;)

Ok, that's a piece of incredible work right there, Sol. :eek:

Stunning, just stunning detail. You're hard work really shows.

Great job! I want one!!!!! ;D

I know what You feel, buddy. I had same thoughts :)
"Oh, man, this looks pretty sweet, maybe leaving it this way? With cold-white lites all around, there will be lots of night clubs willing to buy this thing to place behind their bar" ;D
This primer stage gave me an idea to build once the "Eclipse" (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eclipse-class_Super_Star_Destroyer). This black super-destroyer would definitely look mean

Man this looks incredable! & yeah it looks awsome black but stick to the plans and keep it grey lol :)
It's going to look amazing all lit up 8) what colour are you going to use for the base coat by the way?
Great job dude great job.

Igard said:
Ok, that's a piece of incredible work right there, Sol. :eek:

Stunning, just stunning detail. You're hard work really shows.

Great job! I want one!!!!! ;D

Thanks, Igard!

To tell the truth, I've spoken with a guy from a firm of professional molds making and even showe him my SD with intention of casting several kits from it.
Unfortunately, he told me that there was already no way to make a mold of it without crushing everything into several pieces. I really can't go on that, so many time spent over this kit, it would be pain,You know..))
Besides there is a fact that many parts of this build are a courtesy of other people, and it is a very serious one to.
But my intentions of making an available kit of all that were really high. Who knows, maybe one day I'll repeat this all with only my own parts, starting from zero, and with proper engineering to make some superb casts out of it... ;)

merseajohn said:
Man this looks incredable! & yeah it looks awsome black but stick to the plans and keep it grey lol :)
It's going to look amazing all lit up 8) what colour are you going to use for the base coat by the way?
Great job dude great job.

lol, alright , John :)
My idea is to use Revell's light-silky-gray (it is #78 if I remember correctly) It is a very nice gray tone, almost white, perfect for imperial ships. I've used this one as the main color for my Tydirium and Venator models, and several else. Here, I'll watch how it goes upon the black primer, and if the hull would look too dark, would add a slightest level of white.
On the screen many Star Wars models (as well as the one's from many other pre-CG sci-fi films) looked almost white because of the studio lights. Many people go with this tone, and spray flat-white over black for tone variations, but I prefer a bit darker tone, to make kits look like studio models in their "out-of-screen" life, as that feels abit more "realistic" to me

Great Build, Kudos for the patience shown and can't wait to see it progress from here.

Well done,

Regards,

Craig.

WOW!
I normally do like black, but it hides all the hard work you've put into her so far!
I suppose I will have to wait to see her all painted and lit.....Like everyone else. :)
However, I can't wait. lol
;D;D;D;D

That black primer definitely brings out the detail you've done on this

Latest posts

Back