ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

You are very motivating, guys :) Thank you!

punkpigpen said:
gunna be ALOT of fiber optics too?

I think it might be as much as I manage to put inside this thing, punk ;D But one thing I've got to be careful with is not to overdo there. Cause, first, the studio had a concrete amount of lights, and I'm trying to replicate it as close as possible. And, second, well I think that "actual" SD is a battleship, so the Kuat Drive Engineers certainly are not fools and won't make o much windows, as they are obvious weak points. Even in the means of Star Wars reality, where they have clear materials solid like steel. The danger of decompression is worse then a requirement to walk several decks ahead to the nearest window to enjoy the view :)

Thanks, buddy! :)
I've seen a started destroyer in your photo album a long time ago, when I first thought of building one and serfed know resources for additional info. It was turning nice, just required some attention. Maybe (just maybe) my build would give You an inspiration for finishing it? ;)

I look at mine everyday..... While passing in front of my Unfinished models..... LOL

No vibes on it yet!

Someday!

Alright :)

I think I should present my unfinished models on the shelf to, so that they look at me with a silent scary "Fiiiiiniiish meeeee" and maybe even finally get done ;D

Update time!
With the beginning of September work and studies take my precious modeling time again ( :() so not much work has been done yet.

I've scratchbuilt small docking clamps for the main hangar:

Oh now! The Empire captured the Millennium Falcon, trying to escape from Hoth! The rebellion is allmost doomed now! Oh, wait... Ain't I mistaking something?? Ah, no worries, it is simply the new Lucas Film's vision on the film's events ;D

And after the clamps I've turned back to the bridge section, and almost ended detailing the "roof"

Now taking on the side gribbles.

AA beauty shot for you, guys. Enjoy! :)

That docking clamp looks great!!!

Oh now! The Empire captured the Millennium Falcon, trying to escape from Hoth! The rebellion is allmost doomed now! Oh, wait... Ain't I mistaking something?? Ah, no worries, it is simply the new Lucas Film's vision on the film's events ;D

Noooooooooooooo!!

Solander this is amazing work. You really should be proud of yourself. Can't wait to see this with some paint on.

Thank you, Grendels and merseajohn.
Actually I can't wait to turn to painting myself. To tell the truth, painting is not my favourite part of building a model, a enjoy constructing more. But I have not held an airbrush for such a long time that I start really missing working with it. So the situation on my more and less favourite aspects of model building might change soon)

Solander, the detail you've packed into this is amazing.
I know this isn't a big kit. Your work makes is look much bigger.

Excellent work on those clamps, too. Can't have been easy at that size

Loving those tiny clamps. It's such an impressive build, Sol. Great job.

What's this about the Falcon getting captured? :eek:

Simply ... OFF-TH-CHAIN !! The Super Uber Detailing will so , pay Off in th end !! I CHEERS your Patience !

A Beautiful Build SOLANDER ! All th way around ! .... I Dig th Rear..... er... I mean .. th Exhaust ! Again Banigin' Detailing. Did I spy some Flakvierling parts back there ? Superb Eye for Detail !!

Oh Yeah Baby ! This is So Gonna Rock ; once it's painted & washed !!

\m/ !!

Thank you for the compliments, guys!

Igard said:
What's this about the Falcon getting captured? :eek:

Don't worry, buddy, just some false speculations :)
Actually there was a comic series called "Star Wars Infinities" were were shown 3 alternate realities for the 3 OT episodes (that might by close to your trekker heart, alternative universes are quite welcome in Start Trek) So those comics showed what would have happened if
-Luke didn't manage to blow up the first death star
-Luke died on Hoth from cold seconds before Han found him
- The heroes didn't manage to save Han from Jabba
And, You know, I really enjoyed these comics. Sometimes it is interesting to turn everything from legs on to the headsand see what would happen next :)

panzerace007 said:
A Beautiful Build SOLANDER ! All th way around ! .... I Dig th Rear..... er... I mean .. th Exhaust ! Again Banigin' Detailing. Did I spy some Flakvierling parts back there ? Superb Eye for Detail !!

You've hit the bull's eye here - thats the cuts from tamiya's Flakvierling. I've met this kit while I was working on my Tydirium shuttle, and read that ILM model-makers used it for parts. And it turned out to be really great for kitbashing. Now this kit is my big friend, I've already bought something like 8 of them :)

Sounds like some cool comics, Sol.

Don't get me started on alternate realities in Trek. The worst thing about Star Trek IMHO.

Allright)))
As for me I'm not getting Star Trek's time traveling. Maybe Spock's and Narada's getting into the past after falling into the BH in the last movie might be considered a more or less logical result. But I still can't understand, what happened in "The Voyage Home"! If flying on the "oversun" course leads to getting back and forward in time, then why don't every starship owner do it every day to correct the history for personal taste?What changes in the method between getting into the past and into the future?? If it has something with relativistic effect, as I asume, then why don't the starships travel in time each time they go on WARP - they do move FTL ??? WTH???? :-\ :-\
Well, maybe it is better not to dig into this so deep. At least Eddy Murphy didn't manage to appear in "TVH" as it was planned. I think that probably for the best :)

Woah, great work. Its hard enough to sand down the models details...

Solander said:
Allright)))
As for me I'm not getting Star Trek's time traveling. Maybe Spock's and Narada's getting into the past after falling into the BH in the last movie might be considered a more or less logical result. But I still can't understand, what happened in "The Voyage Home"! If flying on the "oversun" course leads to getting back and forward in time, then why don't every starship owner do it every day to correct the history for personal taste?What changes in the method between getting into the past and into the future?? If it has something with relativistic effect, as I asume, then why don't the starships travel in time each time they go on WARP - they do move FTL ??? WTH???? :-\ :-\
Well, maybe it is better not to dig into this so deep. At least Eddy Murphy didn't manage to appear in "TVH" as it was planned. I think that probably for the best :)

Yeah, TVH was really just a comedy though. And Star Trek has always made some really silly goofs with its science and techno-babble.

In fact, there was an episode of TOS where the very first lines were something like, 'Captain's log, We've travelled back in time to Earth's past.....'. There wasn't even an explanaition as to how they got there! It's just like, we can do this anytime we want. No biggie.

FTL of course is at this time a phyiscal impossibility. We don't know how to do this. Even travelling at speeds 1/5th of the speed of light, we'd experience relative time dilation. Those people we left behind on Earth would age much faster than us.

Star Trek's solution for this is actually not that bad, but it does rely on the existence of 2 fictional devices.

The first is a power source substantial enough to provide the massive energy required, Dilithium Crystals.

The second is the creation of Subspace. This is where all the FTL stuff is made possible. The warp field encloses the ship in normal space and allows the ship to traverse subspace. That's my take on it anyway, but it's a bit more complex than just that.

Anyway, Star Wars handles all this stuff much better with Han Solo's very effective explanaition to Luke, 'Travelling through hyperspace 'aint like dustin' crops, boy!'. Enough said, really. ;D

Latest posts

Back