ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

I will admit, Star Trek has used the time travel theme to death. Once or twice, yeah ok, but every single time??

Right know your model is begging to be primed.......you know
you want to do it!!! ;D Looking good thats a ton of chips can't
wait to see it primed!

Superb job on this. The level of detail you have added is just awesome.

@ Igard: LOL ;D At least time traveling theme in Enterprise doesn't look so ridiculous like it was with the Kirk's team, and there is an organization controlling it.

@ Jamaicanmodels69 and Scott: Thank you for kind words, guys :)
Actually I can't wait to get to painting it myself. But there are minor things I have to finish here and there, before that, and I'm really stuck with them. Only manage to do a very little bit every evening. So yeah, I'm getting to the end of gluing so to say, but very slow. Ah, and I'm always forgetting: I'll have to drill all the holes for fiber-optic illumination before priming, or else I'm sure I'm going to ruin pain in several places while working with Dremell.
I really hope to finish it by the middle of October to jump with head into the MF Group Build. :)

Slowly geting there, guys!
Slower then I've expected, but there is only the superstructure and the stand left to build/detail.

What is great, that I've complete the detalisation/hiding gaps on the sides of the ship - this was most time consuming for me.

Then I've turned to the engine section: made the last series of ion beam controlers and detailed them with tiny drives.

I really expect to get some more done to show you during this week.
Hope something like that would keep me active during nights at the workbench :)

Guns N' Roses - You could be mine

:eek: Looking incredable mate. Fancy making me a cast of the whole thing! lol ;)

I'm actually drooling over this! ;D

As has been said many, many times before..

I can't wait to see this primered. You're patience and dedication on this has been legendary, Sol.

Thank you for the compliments, guys :)

merseajohn said:
:eek: Looking incredable mate. Fancy making me a cast of the whole thing! lol ;)

I really wish I had skills and equipment to cast the resulting model, and, with partnership with Arvey Products produce a whole thing as a kit. One of the reasons I didn't bother getting legendary Anigrand SD is that it is to huge - with lots of other kits in my stash that would be built some day, I would have had no idea of where to place such a giant. So maybe a model in 1/4221 would receive interest among some modelers too.

That detail is looking absolutely awesome, SOlander.
Making me really envious.

That's gotta be the biggest detail job on a plastic SD I've seen yet.

:eek: oh man oh man I love what I am seeing good luck with your build Sir I to am in the middle of scrach building my own ISD but mine will be lighted in some way as I am following badgrendels videos on how to light your modes I am just waiting on the LEDS and stuff so I can I will be making a new post with screen shots when I get the model base cut out of blue core then I will have to hand carve the rest but that's for another post I don't want to take your thunder or light I just wanted to say I LOVE what you have done sir

Ya know,
every time I check out this thread, I end up with the "Imperial March" running through my head!
;D

Fewh! Guys, the last touch on the superstructure I did was really tough.
I've spent about 20 hours on it total, but now it is finally complete!
Enjoy ;)

Next on my plan: drilling hundreds of holes for fiber-optics. Them just a little bit of the final small details: mainly guns + deflectors and radars on the bridge. And then.. finally the primer goes on!
I hope the first layers of gray would be already on this babe by the end of the week.

Solander, my friend you truly are a MADMAN!!!!!
That is so totally awesome.
Excruciating detail work.
It out-shines it's origins. I had built one of the old MPC Star Destroyers back in the 80's, and I didn't do any mods. I was too young to think of it back then, but realized how bad it was. :)
Yours is fantastic. Can't wait to see her painted and lit!!!!
;D;D;D;D

Wow what a milestone! This is wicked mate pat yourself on the back! ;D

Latest posts

Back