ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

Hey man, that Star Destroyer is looking fine!!! Are you going to re-scribe all the panel lines all over the hull?? Can't wait to see this one move along....

BTW - has anyone seen the mini playboy poster in the cockpit of the actual studio blockade runner model??

yeh theres a playboy poster and a star wars poster in the studio model!

Thanks everyone for encouragement!

kponeprime said:
Hey man, that Star Destroyer is looking fine!!! Are you going to re-scribe all the panel lines all over the hull?? Can't wait to see this one move along....

BTW - has anyone seen the mini playboy poster in the cockpit of the actual studio blockade runner model??

My idea on the panel lines is to paint them on with a fine edge of an automatic pencil over a mat-finished surface, if carbon fails me - then I'll make the clear decals, apply another layer future on the hull and would spend the next week or two without saying goodbye to decal solutions, so the first way would be of coarse more preferred.
On the BR's playboy poster - I know there was one there, but have never seen it vividly. The star wars poster was this one:

Note, that the characters on the posters look absolutely different from the actual actors. I've heard that brothers Hildebrandts had to make it in a big hury while the movie was still in it's latest stages of production, so at that time it happend so the didn't manage to see it at all.

P.S: Millenium Falcon also carried some easter eggs on it, like Micheline poster and a ""Drive safely" note on the lower end part of it's hull.

Very interesting. Didn't know that about those easter egg posters.

Time for an update, guys.
I haven't been near the bench for the last week, so not to much to show, but still..
What I've been working on lately is the nose of the underside of the hull, with all the small panels, tubing and the tractor-beam projectors near the secondary hangar e.t.c.

Besides that I've cut the structures, crossing the hull in it's center

And scratchbuilt a new secondary hangar, only left to drill the illumination holes in it's walls.

Here is where I'm currently at, hope to make a new update sooner.
Take care all!

Nice! ahh styrene. Do you have that Chopper II? I picked one up recently and it really saves alot of time.

Yeah, I have an old local analogue, but the most time taking part is to catch the piece being just cut, apply the glue and put it in place in one touch, thus not letting the glue stay around and make tips, as heavy sanding would be very problematic with such a complex surface lately. That's a kind of those jobs that don't make friends with hurrines.

Wow ! You are going to Town and Back on this.... Hoot !

didn't know you could pack so much details on such a small model ??? I have it and some AMPS resin stuff but never got the guts to pass the Primer stage.... I guess I should rethink about adding some styrene like you are....? looks mighty nice...

Thanks for sharing ! looks very promising !

Norm

Thanks, guys :)

Quaralane said:
Wow.
That's a LOT of detail to pack in there

That's the idea, Q. I want it to look really busy and huge - a mighty icon of imperial Power.
psst!.. the most tricky part is to understand, where to stop at ;D

schweinhund227 said:
Wow ! You are going to Town and Back on this.... Hoot !

didn't know you could pack so much details on such a small model ??? I have it and some AMPS resin stuff but never got the guts to pass the Primer stage.... I guess I should rethink about adding some styrene like you are....? looks mighty nice...

Thanks for sharing ! looks very promising !

Norm

Glad You like it, Norm, You are welcome)) You know, it is very motivating, when your work inspires others for creativity, gives some kind of pleasant responsibility, heh :)
I'm starting to think that there are now absolutely bad kits (this one is often told to be one) it is just that some kits require more patience then the others. I would be very glad, if after this build some new AMT Destroyers would appear, as while working on this one I'm starting to think more and more that it deserves the time it takes. Well, stay in touch, buddy, I'll try to make it really fun ride ;)

Wow! Nice update Solander! I was waiting to see what you had been up to with this! As usual its top notch stuff great work on this. Iv been very tempted to grab this kit off ebay, and I have the website for all the resin stuff.....I have got a lot of star wars kits left in my stash..... but there maybe room for one more. ;)

So many tiny details! This is astounding stuff. Good job, Sol.

Very inspiring for me also. I think this is going to be a purchase very soon.

That's looking incredibly awesome!
Great work you have done thus far. Can't wait to see it completed, painted, and all lit up! :D

Thank You, Mike :)

And hey, another small update is here!
Relaxing after the contest-time I'm taking it relaxingly and have been slowly adding details on the lower part of the hull.

G\uess I can now move along to the other areas... Right?
Let me know, what do you think of this, guys. ;)

Sea camo awsome!! No seriously this looks WICKED and your right it is a nice little relax time at the moment, its nice to not panic/rush your build!

SOLANDER,

WoW ! I've missed th last couple of installments. Awesome Job !! The bottom is Smokin' !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

--shakes head while blinking rapidly--
HOLY! will there be ANY bare plastic when you're done?

Looking great

Hard to say at the moment, Q, hard to say... ;D
Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Latest posts

Back