ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

Hi, everybody!
Just wanted to share some of the progress on the model.
What I've done so far, was completing the engine lights, adding the light-spots on the sidewalls and all the fiber-optics to the upper hull.

Didn't decide what I'm going to lite up next yet :-\
It's going to be either the hangars or the superstructure. Anyway, this night just prooved that I'm seriously dreaming about attaching fibers and soldering LEDs ;D

It's coming together beautifully, Sol. That's alot of little windows!

Still amazed by the detail.

Thank you, guys, glad you've liked it :)

Now, I've got something to think about.
There are so many windows to be done on the side trenches and the superstructure, that I'm starting to doubt I ever manage to plug all those fiber optics inside and even if I do, they, along with their LEDs, probably won't fit inside.
So what I've thought about is: what if I plug inside only small pieces of fiber optics and, instead of attaching each end to the LED, combining LEDs into thick brunches, like it is normally done, I put long stripes of LED-tapes all the way behind the sidewalls so that their light will go through the fiber-pieces.

??? :-\ :-\
Don't know, if that will work actually. Besides, I'll have to deal with the light-leaks, but that's ok: with the detachable construction of this model, I'll be able to put inside as much aluminum folge or light-blocking tape as it would be required...
Well, what do you think about that, guys?

Did he say magnetically sealed........"Put that thing away or your going to get us all killed I already
tried it it's magnetically sealed"! LOL I don't know.... I know LED"s don't give off much heat, but I am
not sure how much 50 of them will give off in such a small enclosure? I don't understand I don't see that many different colours of light mostly blue and white.....so why the need for so many LED's?

I guess the reason is that LED's illuminate light in a rather small body-angle if you don't sand them or cut the clear part (which also plays a role of light - lence beyond protective one) off. I'll see how a couple of rounds made from LED-tape would work, hope so many LEDs won't be required, or I might face the problem of running out of my current limit of 3A (it is 300 LED total)

I dont know what his day time job is but i work in the aerospace industry making up cable harnesses and all i can say is 'respect' for the wiring job he's done in such a small space. Oh i'd love to give something like this a try. ;D

Yeah, admire such heavy job to: it is the most difficult things for me while working with electronics of any kind to make everything fit into the box ;D

Hi, John, coming along fine, but extremely slow, buddy :)
I'm pretty much stuck with all those fiber optics here, heh... ::)
What I've finally decided was to make the usual work with fibers all connected in the ends to their LED only for the hangars and the blisters on both parts of the hull. As for the tons of lights on the side trenches and the superstructure - there is going to be only small cut-offs of fibers glued in there.
This way I'm going to catch three rabbits at once:
-this should have been much faster (I'm not so sure about that now ;D)
-this would save me meters of fiber-optics
-the light from them would not be so bright (yeah, I'm eagerly want it to be so. I've just thought, that when the lights from the inside rooms of the ship (not even the projectors placed on it's hull, just the sort of a light-leak) have same intensity as the exhaust from the main march engines with a diameter of a house - isn't that look odd??? ;))

So, as I've already mentioned, I'm in the middle of installing fibers, and that is really sucking the energy left in me for this build. Hope I complete this work by the end of this week, or I'll have to start something small and fast to distract or will be lost in the land of Skyrim for a long time :)

Anyway, here are some pics to keep everyone following this build updated on the current way of thing.

Ah, and can't mention the shots themselves - as they are made on the new superb camera I've got as a present on my birthday yesterday. I'm still moving around my flat in jumps of happiness ;D

Beautiful progress pics. Nice camera work.

Those windows should work nicely

Looking really nice so far.

P.S. Happy Birthday for yesterday ;D

Wow that camera realy does show up your skills! Happy birthday doooood!

Great camera! That does your work justice! Happy b. day, buddy. :)

Latest posts

Back