ISD "Avenger" [finished]

Re: ISD "Avenger" [WIP]

Happy birthday!!

That camera is much better than the old one. It takes good pictures!

Looking good. Lots of work ahead with those fibers!

Wowzers!!! LOve this build! What camera are you using Sol? its great.

Cheers, buddy!))
It is Canon EOS 550D with a native objective.
I was too lazy to go for tripod before taking this pics, and have taken them from hands, but still was very pleased how the camera found the focus even with the little taking time to avoid photos spoiling.
For the final pics I'm planning to position a pointing light source on the one side of the model, take the tripod and manually type a very long exposition time, maybe about half a minute, with highISO to achieve a cool "light diffusion lack in vacuum" effect.

That's looking beautiful! Excellent work, Sol.

I'd better start saving up for that camera! I also do a little bit of astronomy and could use a good camera for that, so I really should have an SLR. Just a bit above my current budget at the moment. I'll get there though. *puts another 50p in the piggy bank*. :)

Thank you, guys! :)

@Igard, I've seen a thing that would be awesome for You - a special adapter which can fit many modern personal telescopes and with a EF-S connector on the other side (which is common for many Canon cameras, EOS series in particular). Don't know how all that optical-physix-shmisics inside that device works, but on the outcome You recieve an image-signal from your telescope directly to your camera's matrix. I've never had a telescope (mainly because I mostly live in a too big city and the stars are not visible at night because of city-lights, the only thing I mainly see is the Venus when it happens that I have to wake up at around 5-6 o'clock in the morning) but to tell honestly I'd greatly liked if I could grab this thing and play with it :)

Sorry for missing out on your Birth-Day!
I haven't been on the forum for about a week, or so it seems. :)
This Star Destroyer just keeps getting better and better...and I didn't think that could be possible! :)
As always, I can't wait 'til we get to see the whole thing together and lit up.....with the Imperial march playing in the background.
;D

Thats awesome! How do you trim the fiber that's in between
detail in those tight spots? Or do you just have to let it show?

Regards,
Michael

Solander said:
Thank you, guys! :)

@Igard, I've seen a thing that would be awesome for You - a special adapter which can fit many modern personal telescopes and with a EF-S connector on the other side (which is common for many Canon cameras, EOS series in particular). Don't know how all that optical-physix-shmisics inside that device works, but on the outcome You recieve an image-signal from your telescope directly to your camera's matrix. I've never had a telescope (mainly because I mostly live in a too big city and the stars are not visible at night because of city-lights, the only thing I mainly see is the Venus when it happens that I have to wake up at around 5-6 o'clock in the morning) but to tell honestly I'd greatly liked if I could grab this thing and play with it :)

I've heard of those things. I've never seen them though and I imagine they'd be expensive. I've looked at the basic adapters too, but for now, I think I'd settle for just holding the camera up to the lens. I'm pretty amateurish! ;D

Anyway, I'll get a decent camera in the next couple of months. I should really get an SLR, but we'll see how hard the holiday season hits my piggy bank first. ;)

Thanks,guys! :)

Jamaicanmodels69 said:
Thats awesome! How do you trim the fiber that's in between
detail in those tight spots? Or do you just have to let it show?

Regards,
Michael

I've gone a time taking way here: not to let fiber-optics show I apply a small portion of them, then make some 5min epoxy, apply a thin layer of it to the area patched with fiber optics from inside of the ship, and then take a toothpick, and carefully not to make any of them fall, move the ends of fibers to the border of the ship's hull, then let it rest till epoxy cures completely.

This is the main reason, why I'm lighting this model so extremely slow//

@Igard: that is a creative solution, man :) I think that with SLR You would be able to focus on the image in the lens in a manual mode, just think about fixing the camera steady for the shots to be clear.

And yeah, holidays are hazardous for piggy banks - unlike people they lose weight and pine during them ;D

Hi,

congratulations about the job you've done so far!
That's how I discovered this forum ;D
Thanks for the sharing of your job!

Oh, and happy birthday with a little delay!

Wow, thanks, Dark Kyp!
And welcome to SMA, buddy! Glad I've managed to make a little contribution to and make a new member involved to this awesome place :)
It's always great to see new people over here.
Thanks again ;)

You're welcome ;)

I will do an Avenger, but not now, I have to increase my skills first ;D
I ordered the upgrad kit you've shown on page 1!

Can't wait to reciev it!

Latest posts

Back