I need to build a bad @$$ anti stressing model, cant decide what

What bad @$$ model should I build to scare away the bad mojo

• Total voters

Carsenault

Getting close to wrapping up the Lancaster, should be able to get it done tomorrow so I need to figure out what to start next. Work has me pretty stressed out lately so I really want to built some bad ass, anti stressing model to work the bad mojo away. Here are the ones Im considering...

Option #1, 1/24 Fujimi "Enthusiast Series" Ferrari 288 GTO, To me the 288 was the last of the true Ferraris, built in the spirit of race worthy road cars, everything that followed was either too pimped out (Testarossa) or screamed over compensation (Ferrari Enzo). This kit is super detailed right out of the box with about 250 parts in plastic, plus a nice factory supplied PE sheet.

fuj08268.jpg

Option #2, 1/48 Hasegawa F-16I Sufa, Latest Isreali variant of the F-16D, features all kinds of extra lumps and bumps not found on American F-16s like the enlarged avionics spine, conformal fuel tanks, built in radar jamming equipment plus an assortment of weapons loadout possibilities not used by any NATO countries.

spd_20090324213042_b.jpg

Option #3 1/35 Hobby Boss Leopard 2A6M Canadian Army MBT, The Leopard 2A6M is one of the latest variants of the Leopard family of tanks, currently in use by the Canadian Army in Afganistan. The Leopard family can trace its lineage back to the most feared tanks of WWII, the German Panthers and Tigers. The 2A6M can track and fire on a moving target while its on the move as well. Features the same 120 mm barrel as the M1A2 Abrams Tanks, and a 17 litre v12 turbo deisel engine, giving it lots more grunt and fear factor than its US Counterpart`s raspy gas turbine engine.

hob22458.jpg

Option #4 1/35 Trumpeter Geschutzwagen Tiger 17 cm, One of the biggest armored vehicles designed during WW2, based on a stretched Tiger 2 Chassis, and carrying a whopping 17 CM (8 inch bore) artillery cannon which could be unloaded and placed in firing position on the ground. These never saw combat, but a few were very close to being completed on VE day.

TSM00378_1.jpg

panzerkampfwagentigerunxo1.jpg

I've added a poll and Ill leave it open til I complete at least one more model besides the Lanc, I have 2 more whiche are close to completion.

i really like the f-16...but since you just are just finishing up a plane and said "anit-stressing" i voted for the ww2 big gun tank...

and i am going to have to disagree with your statement on the 288 gto being "the last of the true Ferraris", that title goes to the awesome the awesome f40. the greatest car ever built. ;)

Antis stressing,

Hasegawa.

Car...

Shiney flawless red finish...stressing.

Leopard...

Did ya see the slat armor? Stressing.

Tiger '46

Maybe, but then if they're individual tracks, stressing/monotonous.

Gundamhead said:
Antis stressing,

Hasegawa.

Car...

Shiney flawless red finish...stressing.

Leopard...

Did ya see the slat armor? Stressing.

Tiger '46

Maybe, but then if they're individual tracks, stressing/monotonous.

The shiney car finish isnt a big issue for me, besides it'll let me "polish up" on my car finishing techniques...lol

The slat armor on the Leo is done in well molded styrene, and in sections, shouldnr been too much of an issue, Both the Leo and the big Geschutzwagen have vinyl tracks. I have never built a tracked vehicle before though.

whiskee said:
i really like the f-16...but since you just are just finishing up a plane and said "anit-stressing" i voted for the ww2 big gun tank...

and i am going to have to disagree with your statement on the 288 gto being "the last of the true Ferraris", that title goes to the awesome the awesome f40. the greatest car ever built. ;)

Im not knocking the F-40, its one of my all time favorites, but its interior isnt exactly,.... comfy, bare carbon fibre and kevlar everywhere, beads of green adhesive holding many body panels together, racing seats and 4 point harnesses, and cables to pull the doors closed. It was designed to take part in the stillborn Group C series, just barely made street legal so Ferrari could sell enough to make a few a bucks. The 288 to me has all the mean looks of the F-40 without going too far, and still has the creature comforts in its interior like leather seats, air conditioning, full upholstery and a stereo system, a street car that could be put on the track.
I guess one would say that the opposite was still true for Ferrari, a race car that could be driven on the road. But to me, the 288 is more of a dream car, just seems a lot more attainable and a little less excessive then the F-40.

For a first armor build she's big and not complicated:
100_0197.jpg

What ever you go with have fun
Tony lee :)

That looks great Tony, and encouraging that its not too complicated a build. Definitely a big beastie. Any other pics to share?

whiskee said:
that tank has interior??! whooooa i want that!

Not a tank per se, more of a motorized heavy gun carriage. There is some basic interior detail in the driver compartment.

The engine:
100_0192.jpg

Engine and driver compartment:
100_0196.jpg

The work area:
100_0195.jpg

Bits from the spares box to dress it up a little:
100_0199.jpg
100_0200.jpg

All primed up and on stand-by for paint:
100_0202.jpg

SPGs Forever

Wow, that looks great Tony... Liking it quite a bit. Forgot about the full engine and drivetrain too. Those dont look like the kit tracks, Fruil Model, Magic Tracks or Bronco?

Well, the Sufa is the clear leader at the moment, with half of the total votes. if I do that one, I will be using the optional markings for the Eagle "Nagev" Squadron, featuring a stylized eagle head on the tail in the colors of the Isreali flag. I also have a Kinetik F-16C "Barak" in the stash, which I am considering converting to a Hellenic AF F-16 Block 40.

Well with this joint not being a real tanker honey hole I expected the vote to be for one of those wingy things. :'( Go with the vote but you know where to find me if and when you do build this machine. ;D

RB barrel and Fruil tracks are the AM items.

I'll be watchin

Latest posts

Back